Setup & App Configuration
If you’ve chosen to use Blink(1) as an active Leafly Pickup partner we’d advise following a few basic installation tips to ensure success. In order to use Blink(1), you will first need to install the appropriate version for your operating system. Blink1Control2 currently offers downloads for Windows, Mac, and Linux which can all be located, here.
- Windows Installer: Double-click the .exe file to install the program. You may need to right-click and then choose Run as Administrator if you don’t have the appropriate admin permissions and trust settings.
- Windows zip file: Unzip the Blink1Control2 folder from your drive. Once unzipped, open that folder and double-click the Blink1Control.exe application to proceed with the installation.
- Mac dmg: Double-click the /dmg file. Drag the Blink1Control app to your Applications folder. Open the Applications folder and double-click the Blinks1Control application to run the install. You may need to right-click on the application and select Open if you receive an Unidentified Developer warning.
- Mac zip file: Unzip the Blink1Control2 folder from your drive. Once un-zipped double-click the Blink1Control application to proceed with the installation. You may need to right-click on the application and select Open if you receive an Unidentified Developer warning.
Configuring the Application
Once you have completed the installation, you’ll need to open the Settings Dialog to configure the application. (see image below - red box & arrow)
The Blink1Control2 application must always be running for the notifications to function as intended. We recommend selecting the checkbox within Preferences - General for Start minimized, Start at login, and Hide Dock Icon to ensure the application is automatically started and won’t be accidentally closed by other users. (see image below - red arrows)
Enable the API server
Next, you’ll next to select and adjust the API Server configuration settings. The API server allows Leafly to send notification commands to the blink1 device. Select the Start API server checkbox and ensure the port is set to 8934. (see image below - red arrows)
After making these changes, you should then access the Blink1Control2 application via your Windows system tray or Mac OS status bar.
Install Leafly Notification Watcher
The final step is to configure the Blink1Control2 settings to watch for these notifications. First, you’ll want to switch over to the Event Sources tab (see image below - red box & arrow)
Once on the Event Sources tab, click + add event source and then select Add URL. (see image below - red arrows)
Once selected set the following values:
Rule Name: Leafly Notifications
Check Interval: 10 seconds
Parse output as: Parse output as JSON (color or pattern)
Leave the Trigger box unchecked.
* Your dispensary ID can be located by logging into Leafly Biz and grabbing it from the end of the webpage URL (see image below)
* You can copy the entire URL required by logging into Leafly Biz > Settings > Blink LED > Select the Copy button (see image below)
SLA Warning - Confirmation
SLA Breach - Confirmation
SLA Warning - Order Ready
SLA Breach - Order Ready