Opt-in now: an updated menu management experience centered around the eCommerce minded cannabis retailer
Leafly’s new menu management tools provide cannabis retailers with the power and flexibility needed to build beautiful eCommerce-ready online menus.
You spoke and we listened - our team has been hard at work building a new and improved menu management experience that will be the foundation for providing Leafly retail partners with the tools required to quickly transform store inventory into compelling, fully-enriched online menus discoverable by over 13 million Leafly shoppers every month.
What’s new for POS connected Leafly retailers?
- Point of Sale system doesn’t support eCommerce centric product data like product description, strain information, or product photography? No problem - we have added to capability to overlay eCommerce data on top of your inventory after it has been pulled in from your POS.
- Additionally, Leafly currently attempts to automatically link your products to known Brands and Strains in our database - you will now have the ability to override automatic strain and brand linking in that case that we got it wrong.
- We have simplified menu item status by consolidating “Published/Unpublished” and “Available for Pick-up/Not Available for Pick-up” statuses into a single set of statuses - “Active” and “Inactive”
- Override active/inactive status on inventory flowing in from the Point of Sale system
- Historically all menu items flowing into Leafly from the POS were set to “active” with no way to override status - you will now have the ability to set menu items to “inactive” if you don’t want them visible in online menus
- Inventory availability threshold rules extended to all Point of Sale systems - you will now be able to set inventory count thresholds to automatically hide items on your menu if the Point of Sale systems sends Leafly inventory counts.
- Additionally, we have added the capability to specify inventory availability threshold rules at the category level (e.g. exclude Flower products from the menu if they fall below X inventory count threshold)
What’s new for Leafly retailers that manually manage their menu?
- Printed menus are making a comeback with more neutral styling, the ability to exclude categories, and the addition of potency data. Printed menus can be used as a safe and clean handout to customers or as a tool to quickly audit online availability vs. what’s physically in-stock at the store level.
- We’ve added all commonly sold package sizes across the markets that Leafly has a presence in to ensure shoppers know exactly how much product they will be purchasing before they arrive at the store.
- Yes, this includes commonly sold package sizes in the Ohio market.
- You can now link products to Leafly’s Strain database using the aliases of the strain name that is popular in your particular market or region (think Gorilla Glue now being able to be linked to the ever-popular GG4)
- Linking your products to our strain database ensures your inventory is discoverable in Leafly’s most popular top of funnel shopper destination - the Leafly Strain page.
- Improved menu item sort experience (sort on product name, brand name, strain name, category, and menu item status)
- Improved and consolidated the menu item filtering experience
- You can now more easily filter and find items on your menu that are missing data such as product description, potency information, and strain data.
This is just the beginning - what’s coming up next?
Over the coming months, our team will be hard at work bringing you new capabilities aimed at reducing time spent enriching your online product data - opt into Leafly’s new menu management tool TODAY to ensure you have access to new functionality as it becomes available.