Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with Ranger. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the FAQs prior to syncing
- Generating your API key in Leafly
- Enter your Leafly API key in Ranger
- Post-Integration Actions in Leafly
Leafly Setup - Generating your API Key
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup
- On the Connect your POS screen, select 'connect my POS' to begin the integration sync process.
- Under POS System, select the drop-down to find Ranger.
- Click the option
Select continue to next step.
Once you do, your Leafly API key will be generated for you to copy.
- Click 'copy' to copy your Leafly API key.
- Once copied, click 'continue to next step' to continue the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- Click acknowledge and accept to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page, with a success message in the upper right corner.
1. Log into your Ranger POS
- Login into Ranger POS with user access. Enter your user and password.
- Click on the Setup button.
- Select the Company tab and click on Tech Support.
Configure the following Leafly Integration settings:
- Enter your Leafly Menu API key in the appropriate field.
- Enable the Leafly daily sync and set the daily time. This will send your full menu to Leafly once per day at the defined time.
- Enable the Real time inventory sync. This will send menu and inventory changes to Leafly real-time as they occur throughout the business day.
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your 365Cannabis menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
On the POS Settings page, you can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Please note: The THCA Only and CBDA Only setting options are unavailable for this integration.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Ranger FAQs (prior to syncing, please review)
Is there a cost associated with using this integration?
- No, there is no additional cost associated with turning on this integration.
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Once I make a change in my POS, how soon will I see the changes on Leafly’s menu?
- Ranger POS pushes your full menu to Leafly once per day. You can also manually sync changes to Leafly.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
With this integration, when you are synced, you can:
- manually select staff picks
- override status of items received from the POS (active/inactive)
- set inventory thresholds at a global and category level
- override your POS menu items with your own product photography, descriptions, potency values and more
- If you disconnect and choose to retain data from your last POS sync, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will remain unless a POS is reconnected and resynced to Leafly.
- If you disconnect and choose to restore pre-POS connected menu data, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will not remain and will be deleted.
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Sales tax is included in the menu item price if a tax rate is configured in Ranger for your store. Additionally, Leafly estimated taxes are included in the checkout process if Leafly Pickup is active for online ordering.
Can I regenerate my Leafly API key?
- If you need to regenerate your Leafly API key, please contact Leafly support using our Request Form.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Why is Leafly showing something different for Brand or Strain information than what I have in my POS?
After Leafly receives a menu payload, we will try to match strain and brand information to existing entries in Leafly's database to cross-link and provide greater visibility for menu items across the platform.
Sometimes particular Strains or Brands do not exist yet in Leafly's database. In that case, we are trying to smart-match to the closest available entry. This can result in incorrect links.
You have the ability to change or remove incorrect links by editing those fields within your Menu Manager.
Can I make changes to item data on Leafly while my POS integration is active?
- Yes, with some limitations.
- You are able to override every menu item field except for the price point. This allows you to update Strain or Brand links or supplement other information like cannabinoid data, photos, or description. Leafly defers to your POS system as the source of truth for item pricing.
- These manual overrides will persist on items you edit until they go out of stock and fall off your menu entirely.
Is the Ranger POS integration compatible with Leafly's Dual Menu feature?
- No, Ranger does not provide enough detail about medical or recreational status of menu items for Leafly to sort your products accordingly. You will not be able to use Leafly's Dual Menu feature.
Compound Data (THC & CBD)
Max THC and Max CBD
Range supported in Ranger, but not Leafly. The maximum value will be displayed on Leafly.
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Please also visit our Knowledge Base for helpful hints and tips.