Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with Vende. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the FAQs prior to syncing
- Generating your API key in Leafly
- Enter your Leafly API key in Vende
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
- Having issues? Check out our troubleshooting
Integration Guide Disclaimer
For further assistance or questions, please reach out to your Vende Account Manager or Vende Support (firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-720-3315) or email email@example.com to connect with our Leafly Support Team.
Leafly Setup - Generating your API Key
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
- Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup - Getting Started
- To get started, click on the Connect my POS option once on the Integration Settings page:
- From the drop-down selection, choose the option: Vende.
- Select continue to next step to proceed to the next screen
- On this screen, your API key will be generated. You can click copy to copy your API key from Leafly.
- To finalize the integration steps on Leafly, please select continue to next step
- Click 'acknowledge and accept' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page. At all times, you can preview the API key that has been generated for your integration on Leafly.
⭐ Please continue to the Vende Setup, as menu items will not sync to Leafly until those steps are completed.⭐
For additional information on how to configure your Leafly menu integration within Vende, please refer to the steps in this article.
1. Copy your Leafly API key into Vende
- Log in to Vende back office
- Once logged in, click on your name and select Settings from the next drop-down menu.
- Click on Integrations → Leafly
- On the Leafly Integration page, paste the Leafly API key into the Dispensary Menu Key field
- Click Save Leafly Setting to save your API key
- Add in the Leafly API key to the Leafly API key field for your location.
- If you have multiple stores in Vende, you will be able to set one Leafly key per store just as you would be able to set individual hours for your individual stores.
- Click Save.
Please note: Only products that you have enabled via the product profile will sync to your Leafly menu.
2. Enable products to sync to your Leafly menu within Vende
- To configure your products to sync to your Leafly menu, first go to your Inventory tab within Vende
- Next, click on the Product Profile button
- Scroll all the way to the right and click on the three dots next to the product you would like to display.
- Select edit from the menu that appears.
- Click the toggle to Show In Leafly
- Select save to update Product Profile
If you have made edits to new products and you would like to sync them to your Leafly menu immediately, head back to your Leafly Integration Settings page and click the Sync Leafly Menus button
Integration Configuration and Settings
Once you have successfully synced your Vende POS menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
- Default Item Status
- Category Mapping
- Inventory Availability Rules
- Inventory Exclusion Rules
- Cannabinoid Calculation
- Disconnecting your POS
Default Item Status
Automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status must be manually set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active”: these items will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive”: these items will be hidden from all online menus. They will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, and Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. You can remap your POS Category to the Leafly category.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
You can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Note: If your POS has the ability for thresholds, those settings will override Leafly.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
You can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus by product keyword or category.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
You can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu on the POS Settings page. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Please note:The THCA Only and CBDA Only setting options are not available.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of your maintained menu before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state.
- To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
How often does Vende sync with Leafly?
- Your inventory data will sync to Leafly the evening you enable the integration at 11:59PM, and continue syncing once a day after that.
- If you want to sync immediately, head to your Leafly Integration Settings page within Vende and click the Sync Leafly Menus button. This will automatically push all items to Leafly.
- For any issues with the integration, please connect with the Vende Support Team.
What fields do you pull data from in Vende?
- You can preview our field mapping below:
Strain name is inferred by the product names
Potency Data (THC + CBD)
You can toggle between % and MG
Please make sure to upload a high-quality brand asset
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- You will be able to manually update any field except for pricing and your product sizes (variants).
- To learn how to edit POS data manually, please check out this Help Desk article: What data can I manually edit on Leafly if I am syncing with a point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Currently sales tax is not included in the pricing for products.
- You can use the tax calculator settings to present tax estimates to shoppers during checkout if you have ordering enabled. For more information, please see this article.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Are Dual Menus supported with Vende?
- No, dual menus is not supported with this integration.
Vende Troubleshooting FAQs
Why are certain products not appearing on my menu?
First, please ensure that you have toggled Show In Leafly on within the product profile in Vende.
- If the item was not enabled to show on Leafly, update those settings, then return to your Integration Settings page within Vende to click the Sync Leafly Menus button to send an update to your Leafly menu.
- Please allow up to 15 minutes for the updates to process and display on your menu.
Second, please ensure that the inventory level of that product is above any low inventory thresholds you have put in place in your Leafly Integrations Settings.
- If you have confirmed both of those items and still do not see the item on your menu, please connect with our Leafly Support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Strain names are not appearing on items?
- Strain values are not sent to Leafly from Vende.
- Strain names are inferred from the product name. To manually input strain data, please follow the steps outlined here: Manually linking strains on your Leafly menu
- For any questions, please connect with our Leafly Support team by emaling email@example.com