Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with IMMJPOS You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the FAQs prior to syncing
- Generating your API key in Leafly
- Enter your Leafly API key in IMMJPOS
- Post-Integration Actions in Leafly
- Having issues? Check out our troubleshooting
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Leafly Setup - Generating your API Key
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup - Getting Started
- To get started, click on the Connect my POS option once on the Integration Settings page:
- From the drop-down selection, choose the option: IMMJPOS.
- Select continue to next step to proceed to the next screen
- On this screen, your API key will be generated. You can click copy to copy your API key from Leafly.
- To finalize the integration steps on Leafly, please select continue to next step
- Click 'acknowledge and accept' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page. At all times, you can preview the API key that has been generated for your integration on Leafly.
⭐ Please continue to the IMMJPOS setup, as menu items will not sync to Leafly until those steps are completed.⭐
For additional information on how to configure your Leafly menu integration within Vende, please refer to the steps in this article.
1. Contact the IMMJPOS Suport Team
- Please email IMMJPOS Support (email@example.com) to request that the Leafly menu integration is enabled.
- Multiple locations will need to be set up separately. Please be sure to mention if you would like to activate the Leafly menu integration for multiple locations.
- IMMJPOS Support will confirm when they have enabled the Leafly menu integration. Once you receive confirmation, please proceed to the next steps.
2. Copy your Leafly API key into IMMJPOS
- Log in to IMMJPOS back office
- On the left hand panel, navigate to Leafly, then Leafly API Key
- Enter your Leafly API key in the designated field, then hit Save
3. Adjust your Leafly menu sync cadence in IMMJPOS
- In IMMJPOS, navigate to Leafly → Leafly Sync Settings
- Use the drop-down menu to set the sync frequency for how often and when IMMJPOS sends inventory data to Leafly throughout the day.
- Hit Save after making your changes.
4. Review menu data sync logs in IMMJPOS
- To view inventory data synced to your Leafly menu within IMMJPOS, navigate to Leafly → Leafly Sync Log
- Records of past sync events will display here
- You can use these logs to audit product details and compare how they appear on your Leafly menu. These logs are helpful for troubleshooting purposes.
Integration Configuration and Settings
Once you have successfully synced your IMMJPOS menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
- Default Item Status
- Category Mapping
- Inventory Availability Rules
- Inventory Exclusion Rules
- Cannabinoid Calculation
- Disconnecting your POS
Default Item Status
Automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status must be manually set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active”: these items will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive”: these items will be hidden from all online menus. They will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, and Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. You can remap your POS Category to the Leafly category.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
You can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Note: If your POS has the ability for thresholds, those settings will override Leafly.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
You can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus by product keyword or category.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
You can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu on the POS Settings page. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Please note:The THCA Only and CBDA Only setting options are not available.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Is there a cost associated with using this integration?
- No, there is no additional cost associated with turning on this integration.
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of your maintained menu before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state.
- To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
How often does IMMJPOS sync with Leafly?
IMMJPOS will sync inventory data to Leafly at 9 AM, 2 PM, and 8 PM daily.
If you want to adjust your sync cadences or force an update, head to your Leafly Sync Settings within IMMJPOS and adjust the sync frequency there.
- If you have any issues with the integration, please reach out to the iMMJPOS Support Team.
What fields do you pull data from in IMMJPOS?
- You can preview our field mapping below:
IMMJPOS does not send Strain Data. Strain data is inferred from the Product Name
IMMJPOS does not send Brand Data. Brand data is inferred from the Product Name
Potency Data (THC + CBD)
If sale pricing is being used, sale pricing will display. Otherwise, the price will be sent.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- You will be able to manually update any field except for pricing and your product sizes (variants).
- To learn how to edit POS data manually, please check out this Help Desk article: What data can I manually edit on Leafly if I am syncing with a point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Currently sales tax is not included in the pricing for products.
- You can use the tax calculator settings to present tax estimates to shoppers during checkout if you have ordering enabled. For more information, please see this article.
Why is Leafly showing something different for Brand or Strain information than what I have in my POS?
After Leafly receives a menu payload, we will try to match strain and brand information to existing entries in Leafly's database to cross-link and provide greater visibility for menu items across the platform.
Sometimes particular Strains or Brands do not exist yet in Leafly's database. In that case, we are trying to smart-match to the closest available entry. This can result in incorrect links.
You have the ability to change or remove incorrect links by editing those fields within your Menu Manager.
Can I make changes to item data on Leafly while my POS integration is active?
- Yes, with some limitations.
- You are able to override every menu item field except for the price point. This allows you to update Strain or Brand links or supplement other information like cannabinoid data, photos, or description. Leafly defers to your POS system as the source of truth for item pricing.
- These manual overrides will persist on items you edit until they go out of stock and fall off your menu entirely.
Is the IMMJPOS integration compatible with Leafly's Dual Menu feature?
- No, IMMJPOS does not provide enough detail about medical or recreational status of menu items for Leafly to sort your products accordingly. You will not be able to use Leafly's Dual Menu feature.
IMMJPOS Troubleshooting FAQs
I don't see the Leafly Integration option in my IMMJPOS backoffice?
In order for the Leafly option to appear, you will need to connect with the IMMJPOS Support Team to request that they enable the Leafly integration. To do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why are certain products not appearing on my menu?
First, please ensure that you have available inventory for that item within your POS. Leafly will not display items with a 0 quantity.
Second, please ensure that the inventory level of that product is above any low inventory thresholds you have put in place in your Leafly Integrations Settings.
- If you have confirmed both of those items and still do not see the item on your menu, please connect with our Leafly Support team by emailing email@example.com
Strain/Brand names are not appearing on items?
- There are no equivalent fields for Strain data or Brand data in IMMJPOS.
- Strain names are inferred from the product name. To manually input strain data, please follow the steps outlined here: Manually linking strains on your Leafly menu
- Brand names are inferred from the product name. To manually input brand data, please follow the steps outlined here: Manually Linking Brands to your Menu Items
- For any questions, please connect with our Leafly Support team by emaling firstname.lastname@example.org