Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with Alleaves. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the Alleaves FAQs
- Generating your API key in Leafly
- Enter your Leafly API key in Alleaves
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Leafly Setup - Generating your API Key
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
- Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup - Getting Started
To get started, click on the Connect my POS option once on the Integration Settings page:
From the drop-down selection, choose the option: Alleaves. Select 'continue to next step' to proceed to the next screen:
On this screen, your API key will be generated. You can click copy to copy your API key from Leafly. To finalize the integration steps on Leafly, please select continue to next step.
Click 'acknowledge and accept' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page. At all times, you can preview your API key that has been generated for your integration on Leafly.
Please continue to Alleaves Setup as menu items will not sync to Leafly until those steps have been completed.
1. Confirm your Alleaves user login has the right level of permissions to access the Leafly Configuration page.
- Before you begin, please confirm your Alleaves user login has the correct user permissions enabled to access the Leafly Configuration page.
2. Enter your Leafly menu API key into Alleaves
- Log in to your Alleaves account.
- Access your Leafly Configuration page by clicking the cog wheel at the top right corner and choose the Leafly option.
- Once on the Leafly Configuration page, locate the Dispensary Menu Key field.
- Paste your Leafly menu API key into the Dispensary Menu Key field, then click Save Key.
- Clicking the Check Menu Status button will validate whether the connection between Alleaves and Leafly is successful.
3. Map your Alleaves categories to Leafly category types
- Map your Alleaves categories to your Leafly menu group.
- Click Save Category Mappings to save your changes.
4. Configure your Areas (Rooms) to sync to Leafly
- After saving your Leafly menu API key, scroll down on the Alleaves Leafly Configuration page to locate your Synchronized Retail Areas.
- Select which Areas (Rooms) you want your menu feed to view.
- Please note: You can manually perform a whole-menu update by clicking the Synchronize Inventory button.
Integration Configuration and Settings
Once you have successfully synced your Alleaves menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
With Alleaves, you have the following options:
- Default Item Status
- Category Mapping
- Inventory Availability Rules
- Inventory Exclusion Rules
- Cannabinoid Calculation
- Disconnecting your POS
Default Item Status
Automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status must be manually set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active”: these items will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive”: these items will be hidden from all online menus. They will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, and Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. You can remap your POS Category to the Leafly category.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
You can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Note: If your POS has the ability for thresholds, those settings will override Leafly.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
You can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus by product keyword or category.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
You can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu on the POS Settings page. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Please note: The THCA Only and CBDA Only setting options are not available.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state.
- To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
How often does Alleaves sync with Leafly?
- Alleaves pushes menu updates to Leafly every time a change is made in the POS.
- Please allow up to 15 minutes for those changes to process and reflect on the shopper menu.
What fields do you pull data from in Alleaves?
- You can preview the fields below:
|Item Name||On the item details page>'General' tab. --> Item attribute variants are concatenated at the end of the item name for each combination that exists in Alleaves.|
|Category||On the item details page>'General' tab|
|Strain||On the item details page>'Cannabis' tab|
On the item details page>'General' tab
Compound Data (THC& CBD)
|Batch Test Results||
On the batch details page>'Test Results' tab --> Potency data is only available for items with singular batches that have test results supplied.
On the item details page>'Product' tab
|Product Media||On the item details page>'Product' tab|
On the item details page>'Product' tab. --> The price that is displayed will opt for the out-the-door price first always if available. If not, then it will attempt to use the retail price for the location's item price.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- You will be able to manually update any field except for pricing and your product sizes (variants)
- To learn how to manually edit POS data, please check out this Help Desk article: What data can I manually edit on Leafly if I am syncing with a point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Yes, if tax-inclusive, out-the-door price is available, Alleaves will send that price point. If not available, then the retail price for the location is used instead.
- Clients can also use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes to apply in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Are Dual Menus supported with Alleaves?
- Yes, dual menus are supported with this integration.