Menu Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with GrowFlow. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the GrowFlow FAQs
- Generating your API key in Leafly
- Complete your Integration in GrowFlow
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Integration Guide Disclaimer
For more information on the functionality of GrowFlow, please visit: GrowFlow Help Center
Leafly Setup - Generating your API Key
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup - Getting Started
To get started, click on the Connect my POS option once on the Integration Settings page:
From the drop-down selection, choose the option: GrowFlow. Select 'continue to next step' to proceed to the next screen:
On this screen, your API key will be generated. You can click copy to copy your API key from Leafly. To finalize the integration steps on Leafly, please select continue to next step
Click 'acknowledge and accept' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page. At all times, you can preview your API key that has been generated for your integration on Leafly.
Please continue to GrowFlow Setup as menu items will not sync to Leafly until those steps have been completed.
For more information and step-by-step directions, please head to: GrowFlow Integration Setup
1. Create a new Menu
- Navigate to Settings inside your GrowFlow POS
- Select Menus
- Select green + icon to Add a New Menu
Once the overlay appears:
- Input a Menu Name such as Leafly
- Select Leafly from the Menu Type drop-down menu
NOTE: Keep the "Published" switch off until you are ready to make your menu live!
2. Adding Menu Groups
Next, begin designing your menu by adding Menu Groups. Menu Groups use filters to link your GrowFlow product templates to Menu Group types.
Select the applicable Leafly menu category from the drop-down menu
- Use the Filters drop-down(s) to choose which product category will display on your Leafly menu
3. Preview the Menu
When you are done building your Menu Groups, click "Preview" to view your work. The Menu Preview will show you which of your products will display on your Leafly menu once published.
Note: Only products with active inventory will show on your menu preview.
4. Publish your Menu
When you are ready to publish your menu →
- Enter your API Key generated from Leafly into the Leafly Menu Key field
- Click the Test Leafly Connection button. This will check if the sync was successful
- Flip the Published toggle. You will have to make sure your menu is published in order for items to sync to Leafly. Note: The Published toggle will appear green if successful
- Click Save and Close at the bottom of the overlay
Integration Configuration and Settings
Once you have successfully synced your GrowFlow menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
With GrowFlow, you have the following options:
- Default Item Status
- Category Mapping
- Inventory Availability Rules
- Inventory Exclusion Rules
- Cannabinoid Calculation
- Disconnecting your POS
Default Item Status
Automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status must be manually set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active”: these items will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive”: these items will be hidden from all online menus. They will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, and Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. You can remap your POS Category to the Leafly category.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
You can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Note: If your POS has the ability for thresholds, those settings will override Leafly.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
You can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus by product keyword or category.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
You can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu on the POS Settings page. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Please note: The THCA Only and CBDA Only setting options are unavailable for this integration.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Is there a cost associated with using this integration?
- No, there is no additional cost associated with turning on this integration.
Where can I see more information about GrowFlow?
- GrowFlow has a Help Desk center with resources here: GrowFlow Help Center
- For more information on this specific integration, please check out this page: GrowFlow Integration Setup
How often does GrowFlow sync with Leafly?
- GrowFlow pushes your menu data to Leafly every 15 minutes.
- You can force a sync within your GrowFlow POS by editing your menu and setting published back to OFF, saving, then setting published back to ON. When published is set to on, GrowFlow will immediately sync your menu to Leafly.
- If there are any concerns of missing items, please connect with the GrowFlow Team through firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state.
- To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Why are menu items missing images?
- Currently, GrowFlow does not support uploaded Leafly images. You can upload images in Leafly Biz Menu Manager tool.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- You can manually update any field except for pricing and your product sizes (variants).
- To learn how to manually edit POS data, please check out this Help Desk article: What data can I manually edit on Leafly if I am syncing with a point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- If the Inclusive Taxes option is selected in your GrowFlow store settings, your prices will include taxes in Leafly. Please see this GrowFlow article for how to enable this setting: GrowFlow: Store Settings Overview
- Clients can also use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
Are Dual Menus supported for the GrowFlow POS?
- No, Dual Menus are currently not supported with this integration.
Why is Leafly showing something different for Brand or Strain information than what I have in my POS?
After Leafly receives a menu payload, we will try to match strain and brand information to existing entries in Leafly's database to cross-link and provide greater visibility for menu items across the platform.
Sometimes particular Strains or Brands do not exist yet in Leafly's database. In that case, we are trying to smart-match to the closest available entry. This can result in incorrect links.
You have the ability to change or remove incorrect links by editing those fields within your Menu Manager.
Can I make changes to item data on Leafly while my POS integration is active?
- Yes, with some limitations.
- You are able to override every menu item field except for the price point. This allows you to update Strain or Brand links or supplement other information like cannabinoid data, photos, or description. Leafly defers to your POS system as the source of truth for item pricing.
- These manual overrides will persist on items you edit until they go out of stock and fall off your menu entirely.