Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with Cultivera. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the FAQs prior to syncing
- Generating your API key in Leafly
- Enter your Leafly API key in Cultivera
- Post-Integration Actions in Leafly
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Leafly Setup - Generating your API Key
- Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
- Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
- Integration Setup
- On the Integrations settings page, select 'connect my POS' to begin the integration sync process.
- Under POS System, select the drop-down to find Cultivera.
- Click the option
- Select continue to next step.
- Once you do, your Leafly API key will be generated for you to copy.
- Click 'copy' to copy your Leafly API key.
- Once copied, click 'continue to next step' to continue the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- Click acknowledge and accept to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- You will be taken back to the POS Settings page, with a success message in the upper right corner.
- Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Cultivera Backoffice.
- Navigate to Administration
- Click menu tab Integrations
- Click the green button labeled Add Leafly Integration
- Select store location
Please Note: If you are managing multiple locations, it is important that the correct location is selected to send the correct product data.
- Insert Leafly API key.
- Click Save
2. Listing Products on Leafly
- Navigate to Inventory Management
- The default menu selection is Products
- Right click products to list on Leafly Online Menu
If you need additional information, please refer to the Cultivera helpdesk setup article.
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your Cultivera menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
- Default Item Status
- Category Mapping
- Inventory Availability Rules
- Inventory Exclusion Rules
- Cannabinoid Calculation
- Disconnecting your POS
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. Remap categories as desired on the POS Settings tab once your menu is successfully synced to Leafly.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
On the POS Settings page, you can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Please note: The THCA Only and CBDA Only setting options are unavailable for this integration.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
(prior to syncing, please review)
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system.
- To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Once I make a change in my POS, how soon will I see the changes on Leafly’s menu?
- Cultivera sends Leafly product updates every 20 minutes, with full menu syncs occurring once a day. Once received, these changes can take up to 15 minutes to reflect on your listing.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- You will be able to manually update any field except for pricing and your product sizes (variants)
- To learn how to manually edit POS data, please check out this Help Desk article: What data can I manually edit on Leafly if I am syncing with a point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Sales tax is not included in the menu item price.
- Clients can use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes to apply in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?