Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with Cultivera. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the Cultivera FAQs
- Generating your API key in Leafly
- Enter your Leafly API key in Cultivera
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Leafly Setup - Generating your API Key
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup - Getting Started
To get started, click on the Connect my POS option once on the Integration Settings page:
From the drop-down selection, choose the option: Cultivera. Select 'continue to next step' to proceed to the next screen:
On this screen, your API key will be generated. You can click copy to copy your API key from Leafly. To finalize the integration steps on Leafly, please select continue to next step
Click 'acknowledge and accept' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page. At all times, you can preview your API key that has been generated for your integration on Leafly.
Please continue to Cultivera Setup, as menu items will not sync to Leafly until those steps have been completed.
For more information on this integration, please check out this page: Cultivera <> Leafly Integration
1. Accessing your Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Cultivera Backoffice.
- Navigate to Administration
- Click menu tab Integrations
- Click the green button labeled Add Leafly Integration
- Select store location
Please Note: If you are managing multiple locations, it is important that the correct location is selected to send the correct product data.
- Insert Leafly API key.
- Click Save
2. Listing Products on Leafly
- Navigate to Inventory Management
- The default menu selection is Products
- Right click products to list on Leafly Online Menu
If you would like to bulk update your items to appear on Leafly, products can be listed in bulk by multi-selecting (Left-ctrl + ClickorHold Left-Shift + Click or Drag and select all products with the mouse cursor). You may then right-click, and bulk-list all products highlighted
Integration Configuration and Settings
Once you have successfully synced your Cultivera menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
With Cultivera, you have the following options:
- Default Item Status
- Category Mapping
- Inventory Availability Rules
- Inventory Exclusion Rules
- Cannabinoid Calculation
- Disconnecting your POS
Default Item Status
Automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status must be manually set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active”: these items will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive”: these items will be hidden from all online menus. They will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, and Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. You can remap your POS Category to the Leafly category.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
You can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Note: If your POS has the ability for thresholds, those settings will override Leafly.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
You can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus by product keyword or category.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
You can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu on the POS Settings page. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Please note:The THCA Only and CBDA Only setting options are not available.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Is there a cost associated with using this integration?
- No, there is no additional cost associated with turning on this integration.
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state.
- To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article:How do I disconnect my point of sale?
How often does Cultivera sync with Leafly?
- Cultivera sends Leafly product updates every 20 minutes, with full menu syncs occurring once a day. Once received, these changes can take up to 15 minutes to reflect on your listing.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- You will be able to manually update any field except for pricing and your product sizes (variants)
- To learn how to manually edit POS data, please check out this Help Desk article: What data can I manually edit on Leafly if I am syncing with a point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- No, sales tax is not included in the pricing for products.
- Clients can also use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes to apply in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article:Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz.To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article:How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Are Dual Menus supported with Cultivera?
- No, dual menus are not supported with this integration.
Why is Leafly showing something different for Brand or Strain information than what I have in my POS?
After Leafly receives a menu payload, we will try to match strain and brand information to existing entries in Leafly's database to cross-link and provide greater visibility for menu items across the platform.
Sometimes particular Strains or Brands do not exist yet in Leafly's database. In that case, we are trying to smart-match to the closest available entry. This can result in incorrect links.
You have the ability to change or remove incorrect links by editing those fields within your Menu Manager.
Can I make changes to item data on Leafly while my POS integration is active?
- Yes, with some limitations.
- You are able to override every menu item field except for the price point. This allows you to update Strain or Brand links or supplement other information like cannabinoid data, photos, or description. Leafly defers to your POS system as the source of truth for item pricing.
- These manual overrides will persist on items you edit until they go out of stock and fall off your menu entirely.