Menu Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with BLAZE POS. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the Blaze FAQs
- Generate your API key in Blaze
- Enter your BLAZE API key into Leafly Biz
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
- Having trouble? Review our troubleshooting FAQ
Integration Guide Disclaimer
For more information on the functionality of Blaze, please visit BLAZE helpdesk FAQs
1. Generating your Blaze Developer Key
These steps may also be found in the BLAZE Help Center in this article: Retail | How to Generate a Developer / API Key in BLAZE for 3rd Party Integrations – BLAZE Help Center
- Start setting up your third-party integration by navigating to the Global Settings > Company Settings > Developer Keys.
- Generate a developer key and secret by hitting the Add Key button.
Once you’ve generated your developer key in BLAZE, follow the steps in the next section of this article under Leafly Setup to complete the activation in Leafly Biz. Note: If you have multiple locations, you will need to generate a developer key for each separately.
2. Enabling your Online Store
For your inventory to sync to Leafly, you will need to make sure your Blaze Online Store option has been enabled. Blaze also has this article with some more information: Leafly x Blaze Online Ordering.
To complete this, within Blaze:
- Navigate to Global Settings.
- Click on the Online Store tab in the Current Shop Settings section on the left-hand side.
- Click the blue Edit button, then set Enable Online Store to Enable.
- Click the blue Generate button and then the blue View button.
- ENABLE ONLINE POS: This setting determines whether or not you allow orders to be placed online. If this setting is ON, you are allowing customers to place orders on your web store. If this setting is OFF, you can display your inventory/menu but will not allow customers to place orders online.
Leafly Setup - Completing your Sync
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
- Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup
- To get started, click on the Connect my POS option once on the Integration Settings page
- From the drop-down selection, choose the option: Blaze. Select 'continue to next step' to proceed to the next screen:
- Enter your Blaze Pull Credentials and click 'test connection' to confirm that the API credentials are valid.
- You’ll need to enter a valid Developer Key to connect successfully. The Terminal ID is optional and if entered, will restrict your menu to products only within a given terminal.
- To learn more about where to find your Terminal ID, please refer to this article: Retail POS App | Creating and Using Terminals
- Once you’ve successfully tested your credentials, click 'continue to next step'
- Click 'acknowledge and accept' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page with a success message in the upper right corner and POS Status of Connected. Your POS menu data will now begin to pass to Leafly.
At all times, you can preview your connection status from your Integrations Page, along with the number of items and last sync period:
Integration Configuration and Settings
Once you have successfully synced your BLAZE menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
With Blaze, you have the following configuration settings in Leafly:
- Default Item Status
- Category Mapping
- Inventory Availability Rules
- Inventory Exclusion Rules
- Room Exclusion
- Cannabinoid Calculation
- Disconnecting your POS
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. Remap categories as desired on the POS Settings tab once your menu is successfully synced to Leafly.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
Related article: Including/excluding inventory rooms on Leafly
On the POS Settings page, you can exclude inventory that resides within a POS “ROOM” that you do not wish to be shown on your online menu.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
On the POS Settings page, you can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
What is the SLA on receiving the BLAZE API credentials once requested?
- You can generate and access your BLAZE credentials in the backend of BLAZE RETAIL.
- To learn how to generate and access your BLAZE API credentials in BLAZE RETAIL, we advise following the instructions found in this article under “BLAZE Developer Key” or by following the directions laid out in BLAZE’s helpful article here.
How often does Blaze sync with Leafly?
- Leafly pulls updates from Blaze every 6-10 minutes. However, any changes can take up to 15 minutes to reflect on your menu.
- You can force a sync within your Leafly Integrations Settings page and clicking the resync now button.
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state.
- To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
How do I get cannabinoid percentages to display for menu items?
- Within BLAZE product info, there are two places where you can record cannabinoid data: Potency (mg) and Concentration (%). In order to display cannabinoid Concentration values as % on your Leafly menu, you must adjust the Show Potency on Web setting to No. This will cause the default cannabinoid values to pull from the Concentration section of product info rather than the Potency section.
- If Show Potency on Web is set to Yes, then cannabinoids will be pulled from the Potency section and display in mg for those items.
What fields do you pull data from in Blaze?
- You can preview our field mapping below:
|Leafly Field||BLAZE Field||Notes|
|Product Name||Product Name||-|
|Strain Name||Strain||Inferred from the Product Name|
|THC + CBD||Potency/Concentration Data||You may need to adjust the Show Potency on Web settings to display the correct %/mg value. See FAQ for more details.|
|Price||Price||Sales tax is not included in price.|
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- You can manually update any field except for pricing and your product sizes (variants).
- To learn how to manually edit POS data, please check out this Help Desk article: What data can I manually edit on Leafly if I am syncing with a point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Clients who are order enabled can use the tax settings feature in the Biz Settings under Payment & Taxes to display tax estimates using tax rates set in your POS system. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: POS Informed Tax Calculations At Checkout
- Clients can also use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes to apply in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
Is the "ice cream truck" delivery model supported?
- Not fully. While you can designate which rooms/inventories/kits display on your menus or use terminal IDs to select a specific inventory for a specific menu, you will still have multiple Leafly profiles to manage.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Are Dual Menus supported for the Blaze POS?
- Yes - confirm the items inside your POS have the correct Medical or Recreational tags assigned to them.
- For more information on Dual menus, please read: Learn More - Dual Menus
What if I have questions not addressed in this article?
- Please check the BLAZE helpdesk FAQs to see if your question is addressed in that article. If you still can’t find the answer, please contact the Leafly support team using this form or the BLAZE support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
BLAZE Troubleshooting FAQs
What should I do if my Blaze menu isn’t syncing?
First, confirm that the Blaze API key is correct (this is generated in Blaze). This key will need to match what was generated in Blaze and what is within your Leafly Integration Settings.
Secondly, confirm if the online store has been enabled (in Blaze) - this is important to make sure items sync over. Steps: Login to shop in Blaze > Global Settings > Current Shop Settings > Online Store > Enable Online store
If these steps did not resolve your issue, please email email@example.com to connect with our Support Team
Why aren’t items in stock populating to my Leafly menu?
- Menu items need to have: Sync to Third-Party Menus and Show in Online Widget set to yes. This is set on an item level or can be done by mass updating the inventory. To learn how to set these on items, please review this article: Blaze: Mass Updating Inventory
- Please ensure that the items have available inventory within your point of sale. You will also need to ensure that the inventory level of that product is above any low inventory thresholds you have put in place in your Leafly Integrations Settings. Secondly, do the items have valid price points attached? Leafly will be accept items with a $0.00 price point.
- If these steps did not resolve your issue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with our Support Team