This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate Leafly’s order integration with BLAZE POS. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Ensure your BLAZE online store is enabled and relevant settings competed
- Setup BLAZE Pull + Leafly menu integration sync, if not already done
- Enable BLAZE order integration in Leafly Biz
- Configure order notifications in Leafly Biz
- Configure your delivery zone, fee, and order minimums in Leafly Biz
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Please note that once you enable the BLAZE order integration, your Leafly order dashboard will become read only. While the order integration is active, order fulfillment will take place within BLAZE.
Ordering Integration Requirements:
Enabling your Blaze Online Store
In order to accept orders, you will need to make sure your Blaze Online Store option has been enabled.
- Navigate to Global Settings.
- Click on the Online Store tab in the Current Shop Settings section on the left-hand side.
- Click the blue Edit button, then set Enable Online Store to Enable.
- Click the blue Generate button and then the blue View button.
1. Order Settings
Follow these steps to enable the BLAZE order integration in Leafly.
- Open your web browser and sign into Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com/Admin
- From the left-side panel, click on ‘Settings’
- Click on ‘Integrations’ from the drop-down
On the Integrations Settings page, click on the Orders tab.
- From there, flip the toggle to activate the order integration.
- Once done, you will see that the ordering integration is now active:
- If you need to disable the order integration, flip the toggle on this page to disconnect.
2. Order Notifications
Follow these steps to enable email or SMS text notification alerts for Leafly orders through the BLAZE order integration:
- Enabling Email Notifications for Leafly Online Orders
- Enabling Text Message Notifications for Leafly Online Orders
3. Delivery Settings
Please note: The order minimums you have set in BLAZE must match the order minimums you have in place for delivery zones on Leafly. Failure to set matching minimums on Leafly will prevent customers from completing checkout.
Follow these steps to configure delivery-related settings such as delivery zones, order minimums, delivery fees, and delivery hours:
BLAZE Ordering Flow
For information on order fulfillment processes within BLAZE, please refer to these helpful articles:
- Retail | Fulfillment Overview
- Retail | How to Set Up Your Delivery Service
- Retail | Assigning an Order
- Retail POS App | How to Process an Assigned Order
BLAZE Ordering FAQs
Do I need to enable my POS menu sync from BLAZE before I can enable the Order integration?
- Yes, at this time, it is necessary for you to have the latest menu integration enabled and actively syncing prior to enabling the Order integration.
- You can find instructions to enable the menu integration sync in the Blaze Pull Menu Integration Instructions.
Do I need to be a Pickup or Delivery partner + Leafly customer in order to activate the BLAZE Order integration?
- Yes, at this time, you must have either Leafly Pickup, Leafly Delivery, or both activated to use the BLAZE Order integration.
- To learn how to enable online ordering, please take a look at this article: Adding Leafly online ordering to your location
Once the Order Integration is enabled, will the Leafly Order Dashboard be disabled?
- Yes, the Leafly Order Dashboard will be read-only once the Order Integration is enabled. The dashboard will update statuses appropriately but will not be actionable.
- All order actions must be done within the BLAZE fulfillment dashboard.
Does BLAZE support a “hold queue” or soft inventory allocation?
- Yes, BLAZE will place products within an order in a “hold queue,” deducting the count of the products on hold from the total inventory availability count.
- If the order is canceled, those products in the “hold queue” will return to sellable inventory, and the inventory availability count will adjust accordingly.
Do customers receive notifications when the order status changes in BLAZE?
- Yes. They receive automated SMS notifications when order status is changed within BLAZE.
Will customer government ID images transfer to BLAZE for delivery orders?
- Yes. Leafly will include customer government IDs in the payload to BLAZE for delivery orders.
- Government ID upload is not currently available for pickup orders.
What attributes are used to match Leafly customers to existing customer profiles within BLAZE?
- Leafly uses customer phone number and email address to attempt to match an existing customer profile within BLAZE.
- If there is no match for the phone number or email address a customer uses during checkout on Leafly, a new customer profile will be created in BLAZE.
How do I cancel an order?
- At this time, you need to perform all cancellations within BLAZE. The Leafly order dashboard is read-only, so you cannot cancel orders or update their status on Leafly.
- When enabled to accept incoming orders from an online source, the orders will sync through the Incoming Orders queue. You can view and accept or reject orders here by clicking the Remove button.
- The Active and Rejected orders can be viewed by clicking on the Active or Rejected buttons at the top of the Incoming Order Schedule within BLAZE.
- For more information, please reach out to Blaze Support.
Can I provide a cancellation reason?
- No, at this time you cannot provide a cancellation reason within BLAZE.
How do I communicate that an order is filled back to Leafly?
- Order status changes are automatically sent back to Leafly to trigger text message updates to the customer whenever you update the order status.
Will the integration work for both in-store pickup and delivery orders?
- Yes. The order integration supports both in-store pickup and delivery orders.
Is the "ice cream truck" delivery model supported?
- Not fully. While you can designate which rooms display on your menus or use terminal IDs to select a specific inventory for a specific menu, you will still need multiple Leafly profiles to support this setup for use of different rooms or terminal IDs.
Can I turn the Order Integration off?
- Yes. You can disable the BLAZE Order Integration at any time in Leafly Biz. In this article, you can find the instruction to disable the Order Integration under Order Settings.
- Please note: Disabling the Order Integration does not disable Leafly Pickup or Delivery. You can still receive orders if the Order Integration is disabled, and will need to use the Leafly Order Dashboard to update order statuses.
BLAZE Ordering Troubleshooting
Why can't users checkout?
- Retailers need to make sure that their delivery settings in BLAZE are a match to those in Leafly Biz.
- The order minimums you set in BLAZE must match the minimums you have in place for delivery zones on Leafly.
- Failure to set matching minimums on Leafly will prevent customers from completing checkout.