Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Leafly profile with Onfleet. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review prerequisites before connecting
- Generating your API key and webooks secret in Onfleet
- Enter your Onfleet API key and webhooks secret in Leafly
- Review the FAQs
Integration Guide Disclaimer
In order to use the Leafly <> Onfleet integration, you must have Leafly’s delivery feature enabled. Without this feature turned on, you will not be able to access the Leafly <> Onfleet integration settings.
This integration can be used with or without a POS menu integration. Additionally, this integration can be used with or without an order integration with your POS system.
If your POS system is order integrated with Leafly and already integrated with Onfleet, please note that double-connecting both Leafly and your POS to Onfleet can result in duplicate task creation when orders are marked "Ready."
If you are using the iHeartJane order integration, you will not be able to use the Leafly <> Onfleet integration at this time. Retailers who are using iHeartJane for their menu and fulfilling orders via the Leafly order dashboard will be able to use the Leafly <> Onfleet integration.
Onfleet Setup - Generating your API Key and webhooks secret
1. Generating your API key in Onfleet
- Log in to your Onfleet Dashboard.
- Click the Settings gear ⚙️ in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select API & Webhooks.
- Click on the “+” button at the bottom of the API Keys section to create a new API key.
Enter a name for this new API key, then hit Create Key.
For more information on how to generate an API key in Onfleet, please refer to this article.
2. Accessing your Webhooks Secret
- If needed, scroll to the bottom of the API & Webhooks settings.
- To view or copy your Onfleet webhooks secret, click on the Show secret button under the Webhooks Secret heading.
For more information on Webhooks and your Webhooks secret, please refer to this article.
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
- Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
On the Integrations settings page, select 'Delivery' tab, then click connect to Onfleet to start the process
2. Copy your Onfleet API key and webhooks secret into Leafly
Enter your Onfleet API key and Onfleet webhook secret in the matching fields.
For additional information on how to accept, assign, and complete tasks within Onfleet, please refer to these articles:
- OnFleet Dispatcher Knowledge Base Hub
- OnFleet Driver Knowledge Base Hub
For additional information on how to fulfill orders either via Leafly’s Order Dashboard or via an order integration with your POS system, please refer to these articles:
- Learn More: Adding Leafly online ordering to your location
- How to fulfill a Leafly online order
- Leafly Delivery Knowledge Base Hub
- BLAZE Order Integration Guide
- Cova Order Integration Guide
- Flowhub Order Integration Guide
- Leaf Logix Order Integration Guide
- Treez Order Integration Guide
If I do not have an order integration with my POS system or I do not want to use the order integration with my POS system, can I still use the Leafly <> Onfleet integration?
- Yes. You do not need to use an order integration with a POS system to connect Leafly and Onfleet.
If I am using an order integration with my POS, how is information transferred between Leafly <> POS <> Onfleet?
- When a customer submits an order, Leafly sends customer information and the details of the order to your POS system. The POS then creates a new order.
- You are able to verify customer information, adjust quantities of products, substitute products, or complete the process to add products to bag in your POS system. The Leafly order dashboard remains read-only when an order integration is enabled.
- Once you mark an order "Ready for Delivery," Leafly will send the order to Onfleet. Any further actions, such as completing or canceling the order, should take place in Onfleet.
- When your driver completes the order, Onfleet sends the "Delivered" status to Leafly, and Leafly will send a status update to the POS system to complete the order.
If I need to cancel an order that has been marked "Ready for Delivery," where do I cancel it?
- Once an order is created in Onfleet, you must cancel the order within Onfleet. This status change will be communicated via Leafly to your POS to cancel the order there as well if you are using an order integration.
How do I deactivate the Leafly <> Onfleet integration?
- Navigate to Settings → Integrations → Delivery.
- Once there, click on the three vertical dots on the right hand side of the integration status panel.
- Select Disconnect from Onfleet from the menu that appears.
- You will see confirmation messaging that the Onfleet integration is disconnected.