This article covers information on Store Operations regarding Uber Eats:
- UberEats Tablet and Portal
- Hours and Store Availability
- Delivery Zones
- Delivery Fees
- Delivery Drivers and Delivery SLA
- Uber Eats Billing & Account Information
If you have any issues, questions, or concerns regarding Store Operations with your Uber Eats store, please email email@example.com. From there, our Leafly Support Team will be able to help you further.
Uber Eats Tablet & Uber Eats Manager Portal
We just received an Uber Eats tablet. What can we use this for?
Order Control: Pause orders or resume orders for your location.
Completing Orders: You can complete orders if there is ever an issue that prevents them from reaching your Leafly Dashboard or your POS Dashboard.
Cancel any orders if you need to
We just received access to the Uber Eats Manager Portal. What can we use this for?
Reporting: Pull reporting for your location and review any analytics.
Account Management: Adjust your cart minimum amount, and delivery fees or adjust your delivery ETAs.
My Uber Eats tablet is broken. How do I get a replacement?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with our Leafly Support Team to help assist in getting your location a new tablet.
Hours and Availability on Uber Eats
How do I adjust my Uber Eats Store Hours?
Your delivery hours in Leafly Biz determine the hours of your store on Uber Eats.
Hour updates are sent to Uber every 15 minutes. If you notice that your hours have not been reflected on Uber after updating in Leafly, please email email@example.com.
To update your hours in Leafly Biz, please take a look at this article: Can I set different business hours for Leafly delivery?
How do I pause ordering on Uber Eats?
- If you need to pause ordering, you can do so right from your Uber Eats Tablet. Please refer to the training documentation you received from the Uber Eats Team.
- For any assistance, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I reactivate ordering on Uber Eats?
- If you need to resume ordering, you can do so right from your Uber Eats Tablet. Please refer to the training documentation you received from the Uber Eats Team.
- For any assistance, please reach out to email@example.com.
I just went live on Uber Eats, but cannot find my store in the Recreational Cannabis 19+ tile. Where is it?
- After your initial store activation on Uber Eats, there can be a 2-3 hour delay for the title to appear.
- If you are unable to locate your store or if you are having visibility issues, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does the Uber Eats store ranking work?
- On Uber Eats, the Home Feed ranking prioritizes merchants based on several factors, such as their search order history, store rating, and delivery time.
- On Uber Eats, the search ranking prioritizes the relevance of search results - how appropriate the results are being shown, which is based on the matching of categories, merchant names, catalog items, etc.
How does the 'Picked for You' work on Uber Eats?
- The 'Picked for You' option is an Uber user experience that is enabled and provides recommendations to consumers based on previous orders
How do delivery zones work on Uber Eats?
Uber is recommending that we launch with a smaller delivery zone of a 5km radius, and expand from there once we get a better understanding of the volume you can expect.
We can keep your current delivery zones, minimums, and fees in place on Leafly so that you don’t have to re-do any work you’ve already done and put a totally separate zone in place on Uber.
How do I adjust my delivery zone?
If you need to decrease your delivery zone, please reach out to email@example.com. From there, our Support Team will take care of this for you.
What should our delivery fee be on Uber Eats?
Uber recommends a delivery fee between $2.49-$4.99 for orders and has advised not to go above $5 for order fees.
How do I adjust my delivery fee?
If you need to increase or decrease your delivery fees, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. From there, our Support Team will take care of this for you.
Delivery Drivers & SLA
Do I need to use my own drivers? Will Uber drivers come to deliver orders?
You will need to use your own CannSell-certified drivers. There is no guarantee that an Uber driver is CannSell certified and to ensure compliance and minimize risk exposure to your business.
What is the SLA for delivering Uber Eats orders?
Uber is recommending no more than 2 hours for a maximum delivery ETA.
Uber Eats Phone Codes: What are they? How do I use them? Where do they live?
- Shopper phone numbers are masked when they place orders via Uber Eats. Uber provides a placeholder phone number and an Uber Eats Phone Code that you must enter after dialing the phone number associated with an order to be connected to the shopper.
- These phone codes will appear in the order details on the Leafly order dashboard and on associated receipts printed when an order arrives.
- Phone codes are only available for use up to 3 hours once the delivery is accepted
- Note: Drivers should call or text shoppers with the Uber Phone Code prior to adjusting the order status to - arriving at customer.
- The Uber Phone Code remains active while the order is in an active state. Once it is complete, there is no recourse to contact the shopper.
- If you encounter any issues with the Uber Eats phone code, please contact Uber live order support at 1-800-313-9651 for immediate assistance.
Uber Eats Billing & Account Information
How do I update my phone number on Uber Eats or my store address?
If you need to update your Uber Eats store information, please reach out to email@example.com. From there, our Support Team will escalate this to the Uber Team to make these updates.
When are funds reflected from Uber Eats?
Uber Eats distributes payout weekly on Tuesdays.
This will appear on your banking statements as a payment from Uber or Uber Eats.
If you don't get your weekly payment, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What about Tips?
Tipping is allowed for Uber Eats orders. However, it will not display in order totals shown on the Leafly Order Dashboard or in any order totals passed to Cova.
Tip visibility will display in column BK on the weekly transaction report sent weekly on Tuesdays/Wednesdays.
Is there a way to reference the funds received from the Uber Eats along with the orders with the breakdown of the charges?
Reporting for the previous week's payout period is sent weekly on Tuesdays/Wednesdays to align with the Uber payout dates. This reporting includes visibility into tips on orders.
There is an issue with my Uber Eats payment? Who do I reach out to?
If you have any billing issues, please reach out to email@example.com. From there, the Leafly Support Team will escalate this to the Uber Team on your behalf for a resolution.
I need reimbursement, or I need to dispute an order. How do I do this?
You can dispute orders from your UberEats Tablet. To do so, navigate to the order in question and click the Dispute button.
An Order or Item from an order should not have been refunded to the customer. What do I do?
A form can be submitted by the location through the Uber Eats team here: Issue with Weekly Pay Statement
The Uber Eats Support Team will likely follow up and request some additional information such as photos, CCTV or Order ID information.
For any additional questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the limitations to marketing the UberEats and Leafly program at my location?
In short, we ask that retailers only use the pre-approved digital assets and limit deployment of those assets to organic channels to ensure placement, copy, and messaging are compliant.
⚠️ Please note: Due to advertising regulations, window clings cannot be facing outside the store. They must be used in-store, facing inward.
The digital assets should have been shared with you directly. If you are unable to locate it, please reach out to email@example.com.