This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with BudBytes. You will complete the following high level steps (in order) →
- Set up your sync
- Enter your Leafly API key in BudBytes
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Menu attributes that will sync to Leafly’s front-end →
Dependent on your Point of Sale, but BudBytes supports the list below. If your POS does not support a field you’d like to sync data for, please see FAQs for additional information.
- Item Name
- Category Type (Accessory | Seeds | Clone | Flower | Edible | PreRoll | Concentrate | Cartridge | Topical | Other)
- Strain Name
- Brand Name
- Compound Data (THC + CBD)
- Price (Sales tax is not included, please see FAQ for further details)
- Inventory Level
Menu attributes that will not sync to Leafly’s front-end →
Currently supported by BudBytes, but currently not supported on Leafly’s menu.
- Vendor, CBN, Terps & Sort Order
FAQs (please review prior to menu sync)
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
When should I expect to see our Leafly menu up to date after making changes in BudBytes?
- Within 5 - 10 minutes
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- With this integration, when you are synced, you can:
- manually select staff picks
- override status of items received from the POS
- set inventory thresholds at a global and category level
- override your POS menu items with your own product photography, descriptions, potency values and more
- If you disconnect and choose to retain data from your last POS sync, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will remain unless a POS is reconnected and resynced to Leafly.
- If you disconnect and choose to restore pre-POS connected menu data, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will not remain and will be deleted.
What POS systems does BudBytes support?
- Currently, BudBytes supports Green Bits, MMJ Menu, WeedWare, MJ Freeway, Flowhub, Cova, Treez, and Leaf Logix.
How do I get signed up with BudBytes?
- There is no setup fee, but you can view the BudBytes packages here. For syncing features, this begins at $100.00 a month.
Why aren’t POS fields syncing?
- BudBytes supports all fields in the list above, but what is syncing is based on what is within your POS. If your POS does not support THC / CBD, then it will not pull onto the Leafly menu.
- In cases where the point of sale does not support a specific field, it can be manually entered into the Product Description in the POS, but it must follow a specific format. The format looks like this → Regular product description | THC: 20% | CBD: 20% | Brand: Brand Name | Genetics: Genetics Info. The pipe character “|” separates each field after the description, then you put the field name followed by a colon and space, then the value. Multiple values can be entered just by separating them with the pipe character. All fields are optional when using this format and the order isn’t important. Same example as before → Regular product description | CBD: 20% | Genetics: Hybrid | THC: 10%. The important bits are the field names, colons and pipes. Again this format goes into the point of sale product description, then BudBytes reads the values as actual data fields.
Can I regenerate my Leafly API key?
- If you need to regenerate your Leafly API key, please contact Leafly support using our Request Form.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Is sales tax included in the pricing?
- Clients can use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes to apply in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
- Open your web browser and sign into Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com/Admin
- Once on your dashboard, click on the 'Menu' tab (a new window will open)
- Navigate to your Menu Settings on the Menu page by clicking on the navigation bar in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on Settings in the drop-down to navigate to your Menu Settings.
- On the Connect your POS screen, select 'connect my POS' to begin the integration sync process.
- Select BudBytes from the drop-down.
- Select continue to next step. Once you do, your Leafly API key will be generated for you to copy.
- Click copy to copy your Leafly API key to share with the BudBytes team.
- Note: If a key does not appear, you can click go back and restart the steps outlined above. Your Leafly API key will always be available in your POS Settings tab.
- Once copied, click continue to next step to continue the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- Click acknowledge and accept to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- You will be taken back to the POS Settings page, with a success message in the upper right corner.
Note: There are steps on the BudBytes side to finish this setup and fully activate the sync. The next section will walk you through steps on how to complete this activation within BudBytes.
Log into your BudBytes system (https://biz.budbytes.com/m enu-integrations) →
- Go to Menus→ select Integrations → select the Leafly tab.
- Paste your Leafly API key.
- Click Begin Sync.
Once you begin the sync, you will then →
- Select the Categories you’d like to sync.
- Select which BudBytes filter is applied for each category identified to be synced.
Note: Categories will show Not Syncing if there is no filter applied.
Once set up, you can do the following →
- Click AutoPush to allow the system to update Leafly every time BudBytes inventory is updated.
- Select Enable Ordering to enable all products on the menu to be orderable.
- Click Save when you are completed.
Note: The manual sync can be triggered at any time. To do this, you can click the Push Now button.
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your BudBytes menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz. These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data. This section will walk you through the configuration available in Leafly Biz today.
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Inventory Availability Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other. If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. Remap categories as desired on the POS Settings tab once your BudBytes menu is successfully synced to Leafly.
On the POS Settings page, you can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
To learn more, please review this article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Integration Guide Disclaimer
For further assistance or questions, please reach out to BudBytes Support (https://budbytes.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new) or use our Request Form to contact the Leafly Support Team.
Please also visit our Knowledge Base for helpful hints and tips.