Please note: You must set up your account in Headset first. Getting set up on Headset is free. Please reach out to email@example.com if you need to sign up and onboard with Headset. If you have both Headset and Leafly setup, you can proceed with the steps in this article.
Menu Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with BioTrack via Headset. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the Biotrack via Headset FAQs
- Obtain your API credentials from Headset
- Enter your Headset API credentials into Leafly Biz
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Integration Guide Disclaimer
For more information on the functionality of Headset, please visit: Headset Help Center
1. Obtaining/requesting your Headset Credentials
To get started, email Headset at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your API credentials for Leafly. You will be requesting the following identifier: Headset Store ID
The Headset Team will onboard you and provide you with your Store ID after they complete the setup in Headset.
For any onboarding questions pertaining to Headset, please connect with their team directly.
Leafly Setup - Completing your Sync
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup
To get started, click on the Connect my POS option once on the Integration Settings page:
From the drop-down selection, choose the option: Biotrack via Headset. Select 'continue to next step' to proceed to the next screen:
Enter your Biotrack via Headset Credentials and click 'test connection' to confirm that the API credentials are valid. You’ll need to enter a valid Headset Store ID to successfully connect.
Once you’ve successfully tested your credentials, click 'continue to next step'
Click 'acknowledge and accept' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page with a success message in the upper right corner and POS Status of Connected. Your POS menu data will now begin to pass to Leafly.
At all times, you can preview your connection status from your Integrations Page, along with the number of items and last sync period:
Integration Configuration and Settings
Once you have successfully synced your Biotrack via Headset menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
With Biotrack via Headset, you have the following configuration settings in Leafly:
- Default Item Status
- Category Mapping
- Inventory Availability Rules
- Inventory Exclusion Rules
- Room Exclusion Rules
- Cannabinoid Calculation
- Disconnecting your POS
Default Item Status
Automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status must be manually set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active”: these items will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive”: these items will be hidden from all online menus. They will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, and Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. You can remap your POS Category to the Leafly category.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
You can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Note: If your POS has the ability for thresholds, those settings will override Leafly.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
You can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus by product keyword or category.
Related article: Including/excluding inventory rooms on Leafly
You can exclude inventory that resides within a POS “ROOM” that you do not wish to be shown on your online menu.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
You can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu on the POS Settings page. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Biotrack via Headset FAQs
Is there a cost associated with using this integration?
- No, there is no additional cost associated with turning on this integration.
I have activated my sync, but the menu has not been updated; what are next steps?
- Once you activate your sync, the data will take about 1 - 2 hours to appear on Leafly. If the menu has not been updated after this time, please email Headset Support (email@example.com).
When should I expect to see our Leafly menu up to date after making changes in Biotrack?
- Changes within Biotrack will sync with Headset, which will sync to Leafly’s menu every hour.
- You can force a sync within your Leafly Integrations Settings page and click the resync now button.
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state.
- To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Where do I upload my photos?
- Biotrack via Headset does not currently support photo uploads to menu feeds.
- You can manually upload images via Leafly Biz (after the next sync, these images will remain).
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- You will be able to manually update any field except for pricing and your product sizes (variants)
- To learn how to manually edit POS data, please check out this Help Desk article: What data can I manually edit on Leafly if I am syncing with a point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- If taxes are set in your Biotrack POS, only post-tax pricing will appear on Leafly. You are unable to display pre-tax pricing.
By default, we’re using
PriceWithTaxas the price. If
PriceWithTaxis not provided or this data is not included, the
Are Dual Menus supported with Biotrack via Headset POS?
- Yes. Leafly will display the medical or recreational pricing tier value on the corresponding shopper menu.
- If there is no medical pricing tier, Leafly will display the
PriceWithTaxis not provided or this data is not included, the
- For more information on Dual menus, please read: Learn More - Dual Menus
Why is Leafly showing something different for Brand or Strain information than what I have in my POS?
After Leafly receives a menu payload, we will try to match strain and brand information to existing entries in Leafly's database to cross-link and provide greater visibility for menu items across the platform.
Sometimes particular Strains or Brands do not exist yet in Leafly's database. In that case, we are trying to smart-match to the closest available entry. This can result in incorrect links.
You have the ability to change or remove incorrect links by editing those fields within your Menu Manager.
Can I make changes to item data on Leafly while my POS integration is active?
- Yes, with some limitations.
- You are able to override every menu item field except for the price point. This allows you to update Strain or Brand links or supplement other information like cannabinoid data, photos, or description. Leafly defers to your POS system as the source of truth for item pricing.
- These manual overrides will persist on items you edit until they go out of stock and fall off your menu entirely.