This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with CannaPoint POS. You will complete the following high level steps (in order) →
- Set up your sync
- Enter your Leafly API key in CannaPoint
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Menu attributes that will sync to Leafly’s front-end →
- Product Name (see Field Mapping for entering this information within the Description field)
- Category Type (Accessory | Seeds | Clone | Flower | Edible | PreRoll | Concentrate | Cartridge | Topical | Other)
- Price (sales tax is not included)
- Strain Name
- Brand Name (this was included during the integration, so if missing, please ensure it is filled out in CannaPoint)
- Inventory Level
- Amount / Unit
- THC + CBD
- Images (this was included during the integration, so if missing, please ensure it is filled out in CannaPoint)
Menu attributes that will not sync to Leafly’s front-end →
- Enable / Disable Pickup on Items (this can be manually updated in Leafly Biz)
Note: All of these except for Testing and images are located in the main items area. A lot of places will ask for Codes (Vendors, Brands, Strain), but the description of the code you input is what Leafly will pull.
|Leafly Field||CannaPoint Field||
Product Name is pulled from data entered into the Description field
|Category Type||(Main Tab) Category||
These are mapped separately to what Leafly requires (as the individual states may have different terminology for each category)
|Strain Name||(Description Tab) Strain||
You will input a short strain code, but the description of the code you enter is what Leafly pulls
|Brand Name||(Profiles Tab) Brand||
If the Vendor on the main tab is empty or not in Leafly, it will look at this field for a match
|Compound Data (THC/CBD)||Batch Testing||
The description in Leafly comes from the same field + the other description fields on the item card (Long description, Additional description 1,2,3) as well as the batch testing info.
As of now, this is Dropbox. The name of the image file must match the item number in CannaPoint
If there is no pricing rule set up for that item (Tiered Pricing, Special Pricing, etc) it will look at Price 1 field in items
FAQ (please review prior to menu sync)
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- With this integration, when you are synced, you can:
- manually select staff picks
- override status of items received from the POS
- set inventory thresholds at a global and category level
- override your POS menu items with your own product photography, descriptions, potency values and more
- If you disconnect and choose to retain data from your last POS sync, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will remain unless a POS is reconnected and resynced to Leafly.
- If you disconnect and choose to restore pre-POS connected menu data, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will not remain and will be deleted.
How often does the POS menu sync to Leafly?
- Your integrated menu can be scheduled to sync to any time period or on-demand based on your preference.
Once I submit my request to CannaPoint, when should I expect my POS menu to be live?
- The standard SLA for these requests is 1 business day.
Is sales tax included in the pricing?
- Currently, sales tax is not included in the price (whatever you have listed in your POS will appear on the menu). Clients can update the price in CannaPoint to include tax, or use the Deals module to notify clients.
How can I disable / re-enable my integrated menu in CannaPoint?
- Within CannaPoint, there are two ways to disable the integrated menu feed. The item screen has a flag that is specifically used for the integration to Leafly. The box should be changed to blank, if the end-user no longer wants to integrate a specific item(s) with Leafly. The second option is to stop the Scheduled Task that is syncing the data to the site from the end-users’ local server. Within Leafly, you can go to the Settings page in Menu Manager and disconnect.
Can I regenerate my Leafly API key?
- If you need to regenerate your Leafly API key, please contact Leafly support using our Request Form.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
- Open your web browser and sign into Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com/Admin
- Once on your dashboard, click on the 'Menu' tab (a new window will open)
- Navigate to your Menu Settings on the Menu page by clicking on the navigation bar in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on Settings in the drop-down to navigate to your Menu Settings.
- On the Connect your POS screen, select 'connect my POS' to begin the integration sync process.
- Select CannaPoint from the dropdown.
- Select continue to next step. Once you do, your Leafly API key will be generated for you to copy.
- Click copy to copy your Leafly API key to share with the CannaPoint team.
Note: If a key does not appear, you can click go back and restart the steps outlined above. Your Leafly API key will always be available in your POS Settings tab.
Once copied, click continue to next step to continue the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- Click acknowledge and accept to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- You will be taken back to the POS Settings page, with a success message in the upper right corner.
Note: There are steps on the CannaPoint side to finish this setup and fully activate the sync. The next section will walk you through steps on how to complete this activation with CannaPoint.
Email CannaPoint for API Key
Email the following to email@example.com or to your CannaPoint reseller.
- Leafly API Key
- Store Name
- Store Address
Note: The CannaPoint team will make the required changes. Once your menu is ready / live, you will be notified by the CannaPoint team.
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your CannaPoint menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz. These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data. This section will walk you through the configuration available in Leafly Biz today.
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Inventory Availability Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other. If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. Remap categories as desired on the POS Settings tab once your CannaPoint menu is successfully synced to Leafly.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Please also visit our Knowledge Base for helpful hints and tips.