Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with CannaPoint. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the FAQs prior to syncing
- Generating your API key in Leafly
- Enter your Leafly API key in CannaPoint
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Leafly Setup - Generating your API Key
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
- Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup
- On the Integrations settings page, select 'connect my POS' to begin the integration sync process.
- Under POS System, select the drop-down to find CannaPoint
- Click the option
- Select continue to next step. Once you do, your Leafly API key will be generated for you to copy.
- Click 'copy' to copy your Leafly API key to share with the Bloom team.
- Once copied, click 'continue to next step' to continue the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- Click acknowledge and accept to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page, with a success message in the upper right corner.
1. Email CannaPoint
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org or to your CannaPoint reseller.
- Leafly API Key
- Store Name
- Store Address
Note: The CannaPoint team will make the required changes. Once your menu is ready / live, you will be notified by the CannaPoint team.
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your CannaPoint menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
- Default Item Status
- Category Mapping
- Inventory Availability Rules
- Inventory Exclusion Rules
- Cannabinoid Calculation
- Disconnecting your POS
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. Remap categories as desired on the POS Settings tab once your menu is successfully synced to Leafly.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
On the POS Settings page, you can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Please note: The THCA Only and CBDA Only setting options are unavailable for this integration.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
FAQ (please review prior to menu sync)
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- You will be able to manually update any field except for pricing and your product sizes (variants)
- To learn how to manually edit POS data, please check out this Help Desk article: What data can I manually edit on Leafly if I am syncing with a point of sale?
How often does the POS menu sync to Leafly?
Your integrated menu can be scheduled to sync to any time period or on-demand based on your preference.
Once I submit my request to CannaPoint, when should I expect my POS menu to be live?
The standard SLA for these requests is 1 business day.
Is sales tax included in the pricing?
- No, Sales tax is not included.
- Clients can also use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes to apply in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
How can I disable / re-enable my integrated menu in CannaPoint?
Within CannaPoint, there are two ways to disable the integrated menu feed. The item screen has a flag that is specifically used for the integration to Leafly. The box should be changed to blank, if the end-user no longer wants to integrate a specific item(s) with Leafly. The second option is to stop the Scheduled Task that is syncing the data to the site from the end-users’ local server.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Are Dual Menus supported with CannaPoint POS?
- No, dual menus are not currently supported.
CannaPoint Field Mapping
Note: All of these except for Testing and images are located in the main items area. A lot of places will ask for Codes (Vendors, Brands, Strain), but the description of the code you input is what Leafly will pull.
|Leafly Field||CannaPoint Field||
Product Name is pulled from data entered into the Description field
|Category Type||(Main Tab) Category||
These are mapped separately to what Leafly requires (as the individual states may have different terminology for each category)
|Strain Name||(Description Tab) Strain||
You will input a short strain code, but the description of the code you enter is what Leafly pulls
|Brand Name||(Profiles Tab) Brand||
If the Vendor on the main tab is empty or not in Leafly, it will look at this field for a match
|Compound Data (THC/CBD)||Batch Testing||
The description in Leafly comes from the same field + the other description fields on the item card (Long description, Additional description 1,2,3) as well as the batch testing info.
As of now, this is Dropbox. The name of the image file must match the item number in CannaPoint
If there is no pricing rule set up for that item (Tiered Pricing, Special Pricing, etc) it will look at Price 1 field in items