This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with GlobalTil POS. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the FAQs prior to syncing
- Generating your API key in Leafly
- Enter your Leafly API key in GlobalTil
- Post-Integration Actions in Leafly
Leafly Setup - Generating your API Key
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup
On the Connect your POS screen, select 'connect my POS' to begin the integration sync process.
- Under POS System, select the drop-down to find GlobalTil.
- Click the option
- Click 'copy' to copy your Leafly API key to share with the Blaze team.
- Once copied, click 'continue to next step' to continue the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- Click acknowledge and accept to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page, with a success message in the upper right corner.
1. Log into your GlobalTill system.
- Click Settings on the left-hand side.
- Once you open the Settings toggle, click onto the Store Settings option
- Once you are on your Store Settings page, click onto the Edit Store button on the top, right-hand side of your page
2. Edit Store Page
- Scroll down to the Leafly Dispensary Client Key text box.
- Paste your Leafly API Key from Leafly Biz.
- Once the key is entered / pasted, the “Submit” button will be available to select.
- Click the Submit button.
Note: Once submitted, you will be shifted off of this page.
After you submit, you will be brought to this page. Once processed, you are done + your menu should now be synced!
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your GlobalTill menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. Remap categories as desired on the POS Settings tab once your menu is successfully synced to Leafly.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
On the POS Settings page, you can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Please note: The THCA Only and CBDA Only setting options are unavailable for this integration.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Global Till FAQ
(please review prior to menu sync)
Is there a cost associated with using this integration?
- No, there is no additional cost associated with turning on this integration.
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Once I make a change in my POS, how soon will I see the changes on Leafly’s menu?
Changes made in GlobalTill will automatically sync to Leafly’s menu. Please allow up to 15 minutes for the change to appear.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
With this integration, when you are synced, you can:
manually select staff picks
override status of items received from the POS (active/inactive)
set inventory thresholds at a global and category level
override your POS menu items with your own product photography, descriptions, potency values and more
If you disconnect and choose to retain data from your last POS sync, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will remain unless a POS is reconnected and resynced to Leafly.
If you disconnect and choose to restore pre-POS connected menu data, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will not remain and will be deleted.
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
Clients can also use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes to apply in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
What if I do not see the “Web Data” tab in my store?
By default, the Web Data tab is visible only if it is enabled for your account. Please contact GlobalTIll support at firstname.lastname@example.org to enable this.
We use mg per ml, how is that calculated onto the Leafly menu?
The unit (mg per ml) is currently not supported on the Leafly menu. To resolve this, GlobalTill will add the total volume of the product to the item name and use the ml measurement to describe this and then complete the math (mg per ml x volume). The total of that would then be put into the compound information using the mg unit. Example:
--- 30ml bottle, 10mg/ml -> 300mg thc
--- 30ml bottle, .5mg/ml -> 15mg thc
Add product volume to item name for clarity
Why is Leafly showing something different for Brand or Strain information than what I have in my POS?
After Leafly receives a menu payload, we will try to match strain and brand information to existing entries in Leafly's database to cross-link and provide greater visibility for menu items across the platform.
Sometimes particular Strains or Brands do not exist yet in Leafly's database. In that case, we are trying to smart-match to the closest available entry. This can result in incorrect links.
You have the ability to change or remove incorrect links by editing those fields within your Menu Manager.
Can I make changes to item data on Leafly while my POS integration is active?
- Yes, with some limitations.
- You are able to override every menu item field except for the price point. This allows you to update Strain or Brand links or supplement other information like cannabinoid data, photos, or description. Leafly defers to your POS system as the source of truth for item pricing.
- These manual overrides will persist on items you edit until they go out of stock and fall off your menu entirely.
Is GlobalTill POS integration compatible with Leafly's Dual Menu feature?
- No, GlobalTill does not provide enough detail about medical or recreational status of menu items for Leafly to sort your products accordingly. You will not be able to use Leafly's Dual Menu feature.
Product name can be overridden with a
the consumer-friendly name under Web Data Title
Product: Other Category
THC is Product: Numerical Description One
CBD is Product: Numerical Description Two
Web data: Body HTML
Web Data: Product Image
Product: Retail Price/Unit Sell
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Please also visit our Knowledge Base for helpful hints and tips.