This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with GrowFlow POS. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Set up your sync
- Enter your Leafly API key in GrowFlow
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Menu attributes that will sync to Leafly’s front-end →
- Item Name
- Category Type (Accessory | Seeds | Clone | Flower | Edible | PreRoll | Concentrate | Cartridge | Topical | Other)
- Strain Name
- Brand Name
- Compound Data (THC + CBD)
- Price (Sales tax is not included, please see FAQs for further details)
- Inventory Level
Menu attributes that will not sync to Leafly’s front-end →
- Images (please see FAQs for further details)
- Enable / Disable Pickup on Items (please see FAQs for further details)
FAQ (please review prior to menu sync)
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Once I make a change in my POS, how soon will I see the changes on Leafly’s menu?
- Changes made in GrowFlow will automatically sync to Leafly’s menu. Please allow up to 15 minutes for the change to appear. Please note: you can manually push the sync within GrowFlow by editing your menu and setting published back to OFF, saving, then setting published back to ON. When published is set to on, GrowFlow will immediately sync your menu to Leafly. If changes are not updated after, please reach out to GrowFlow’s in-app live chat support.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- With this integration, when you are synced, you can:
- manually select staff picks
- override status of items received from the POS (active/inactive)
- set inventory thresholds at a global and category level
- override your POS menu items with your own product photography, descriptions, potency values and more
- If you disconnect and choose to retain data from your last POS sync, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will remain unless a POS is reconnected and resynced to Leafly.
- If you disconnect and choose to restore pre-POS connected menu data, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will not remain and will be deleted.
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- If you have “Inclusive Taxes” selected in your GrowFlow store settings, your prices will include taxes in Leafly.
How do I upload images?
- Currently, GrowFlow does not support uploaded Leafly images. You can upload images in Leafly Biz Menu Manager tool.
Can I regenerate my Leafly API key?
- If you need to regenerate your Leafly API key, please contact Leafly support using our Request Form.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
- Open your web browser and sign into Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com/Admin
- Once on your dashboard, click on the 'Menu' tab (a new window will open)
- Navigate to your Menu Settings on the Menu page by clicking on the navigation bar in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on Settings in the drop-down to navigate to your Menu Settings.
- On the POS Settings tab, select 'connect my POS' to begin the integration sync process.
- Select GrowFlow from the drop-down
- Select continue to next step. Once you do, your Leafly API key will be generated for you to copy.
- Click copy to copy your Leafly API key to share with the GrowFlow team.
Note: If a key does not appear, you can click go back and restart the steps outlined above. Your Leafly API key will always be available in your POS Settings tab.
- Once copied, click continue to next step to continue the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- Click acknowledge and accept to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page, with a success message in the upper right corner.
Note: There are steps on the GrowFlow side to finish this setup and fully activate the sync. The next section will walk you through steps on how to complete this activation within GrowFlow.
Log into your GrowFlow system
- Select Settings icon from left nav-bar
- Select Menus
- Select + icon to Add a New Menu
- Input a Menu Name
- Select Leafly from the Menu Type drop-down menu
- Paste your Leafly API Key
- Select the applicable Leafly menu category from the drop-down menu
- Use the Filters drop-down(s) to choose which product category will display on your Leafly menu
- Select the Preview option
- The Menu Preview will show you which of your products will display on your Leafly menu once it is published.
Finally, when you are ready to publish your menu →
- Toggle the Published switch
- Select Save to complete menu creation
- Once published, GrowFlow will immediately sync.
Note: The Published toggle will appear green if successful
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your GrowFlow menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz. These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data. This section will walk you through the configuration available in Leafly Biz today.
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Inventory Availability Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other. If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. Remap categories as desired on the POS Settings tab once your GrowFlow menu is successfully synced to Leafly.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Please also visit our Knowledge Base for helpful hints and tips.