This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with KlickTrack POS. You will complete the following high level steps (in order) →
- Set up your sync
- Enter your Leafly API key in KlickTrack
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Menu attributes that will sync to Leafly’s front-end →
- Item Name
- Category Type (Accessory | Seeds | Clone | Flower | Edible | PreRoll | Concentrate | Cartridge | Topical | Other)
- Strain Name
- Brand Name
- Compound Data (THC + CBD)
- Price (Sales tax is not included, please see FAQ for further details)
- Inventory Level
Menu attributes that will not sync to Leafly’s front-end →
- Enable / Disable Pickup on Items (please see FAQ for further details)
THC + CBD
FAQs (please review prior to menu sync)
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Once I make a change in my POS, how soon will I see the changes on Leafly’s menu?
- Changes made in KlickTrack will automatically sync to Leafly’s menu. Please allow up to 15 minutes for the change to appear. Please note: you can manually push the sync within KlickTrack. If changes are not updated after, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any menu issues.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- With this integration, when you are synced, you can:
- manually select staff picks
- override status of items received from the POS (active/inactive)
- set inventory thresholds at a global and category level
- override your POS menu items with your own product photography, descriptions, potency values and more
- If you disconnect and choose to retain data from your last POS sync, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will remain unless a POS is reconnected and resynced to Leafly.
- If you disconnect and choose to restore pre-POS connected menu data, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will not remain and will be deleted.
If I have Pickup enabled on my menu, how do I enable / disable products for Pickup?
- To do this, you can go into your POS system → select “Items” → go to the “Leafly” tab → check off “Avail for Pickup?” if the product should be available to customers for Pickup (leave unchecked if they should not be).
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Currently sales tax is not included in the pricing for products. Clients can update the pricing in their POS or use the Deals module to notify clients.
- Clients can also use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes to apply in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
Can I regenerate my Leafly API key?
- If you need to regenerate your Leafly API key, please contact Leafly support using our Request Form.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
- Open your web browser and sign into Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com/Admin
- Once on your dashboard, click on the 'Menu' tab (a new window will open)
- Navigate to your Menu Settings on the Menu page by clicking on the navigation bar in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on Settings in the drop-down to navigate to your Menu Settings.
- On the Connect your POS screen, select 'connect my POS' to begin the integration sync process.
- Select KlickTrack from the dropdown
Select continue to next step. Once you do, your Leafly API key will be generated for you to copy.
- Click copy to copy your Leafly API key to share with the KlickTrack team.
Note: If a key does not appear, you can click go back and restart the steps outlined above. Your Leafly API key will always be available in your POS Settings tab.
Once copied, click continue to next step to continue the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- Click acknowledge and accept to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- You will be taken back to the POS Settings page, with a success message in the upper right corner.
Note: There are steps on the KlickTrack side to finish this setup and fully activate the sync. The next section will walk you through steps on how to complete this activation within KlickTrack.
First you will log into your Klicktrack system, and do the following:
- Select Menus
- Create a Leafly menu by selecting the blue + icon in the bottom right corner.
- Enter a name for your Leafly Menu
- Select Menu Provider and select Leafly
- Paste Leafly API Key
- Toggle Menu to On
- Select Save
- Select the newly created Leafly menu within the main menus screen and select Edit Menu to change menu information or exclude products from menu
- Click Edit Menu to access or edit and menu information
- Click Filter to exclude any products you would not like to be sent for upload to your Leafly menu
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your KlickTrack menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz. These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data. This section will walk you through the configuration available in Leafly Biz today.
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Inventory Availability Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other. If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. Remap categories as desired on the POS Settings tab once your KlickTrack menu is successfully synced to Leafly.
On the POS Settings page, you can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
To learn more, please review this article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Please also visit our Knowledge Base for helpful hints and tips.