Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with Weave. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the FAQs prior to syncing
- Generating your API key in Leafly
- Enter your Leafly API key in Weave
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
- Having issues? Check out our troubleshooting
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Leafly Setup - Generating your API Key
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup - Getting Started
- To get started, click on the Connect my POS option once on the Integration Settings page:
- From the drop-down selection, choose the option: Weave
- Select continue to next step to proceed to the next screen
- On this screen, your API key will be generated. You can click copy to copy your API key from Leafly.
- To finalize the integration steps on Leafly, please select continue to next step
- Click 'acknowledge and accept' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page. At all times, you can preview the API key that has been generated for your integration on Leafly.
⭐ Please continue to the Weave Setup, as menu items will not sync to Leafly until those steps are completed.⭐
1. Complete the necessary configuration steps
Log into your Weave system and from the home screen →
- Click onto your initials in the top right
- Select Location Settings
Once you are in the Location Settings →
- Select the API on the left side under Settings
- Go to the Leafly section / box
- Paste your Leafly API key
- Click the Enable checkbox
- Select Save
Note: If you ever need to disable the integration, simply un-check enabled and re-save.
Integration Configuration and Settings
Once you have successfully synced your Weave menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
With Weave, you have the following options:
- Default Item Status
- Category Mapping
- Inventory Availability Rules
- Inventory Exclusion Rules
- Cannabinoid Calculation
- Disconnecting your POS
Default Item Status
Automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status must be manually set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active”: these items will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive”: these items will be hidden from all online menus. They will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, and Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. You can remap your POS Category to the Leafly category.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
You can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Note: If your POS has the ability for thresholds, those settings will override Leafly.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
You can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus by product keyword or category.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
You can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu on the POS Settings page. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Please note: The THCA Only and CBDA Only setting options are not available.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Is there a cost associated with using this integration?
- No, there is no additional cost associated with turning on this integration.
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state.
- To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
How often does Weave sync with Leafly?
- Weave pushes menu updates to Leafly as soon as there are changes made. Please allow 10 - 15 minutes for the menus to sync.
What fields do you pull data from in Weave?
- You can preview the fields below:
Product Name + Variant Name
Compound Data (THC& CBD)
Testing results or THC value on the variant
Testing results if the item has those, and if not, it will pull THC from the variant
Default Retail Price
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- You will be able to manually update any field except for pricing and your product sizes (variants)
- To learn how to manually edit POS data, please check out this Help Desk article: What data can I manually edit on Leafly if I am syncing with a point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Currently, sales tax is not included in the pricing for products.
- You can use the tax calculator settings to present tax estimates to shoppers during checkout if you have ordering enabled. For more information, please see this article.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Why is Leafly showing something different for Brand or Strain information than what I have in my POS?
After Leafly receives a menu payload, we will try to match strain and brand information to existing entries in Leafly's database to cross-link and provide greater visibility for menu items across the platform.
Sometimes particular Strains or Brands do not exist yet in Leafly's database. In that case, we are trying to smart-match to the closest available entry. This can result in incorrect links.
You have the ability to change or remove incorrect links by editing those fields within your Menu Manager.
Can I make changes to item data on Leafly while my POS integration is active?
- Yes, with some limitations.
- You are able to override every menu item field except for the price point. This allows you to update Strain or Brand links or supplement other information like cannabinoid data, photos, or description. Leafly defers to your POS system as the source of truth for item pricing.
- These manual overrides will persist on items you edit until they go out of stock and fall off your menu entirely.
Is the Weave POS integration compatible with Leafly's Dual Menu Feature?
- No, Weave does not provide enough detail about medical or recreational status of menu items for Leafly to sort your products accordingly. You will not be able to use Leafly's Dual Menu feature.
Weave Troubleshooting FAQs
Why are certain products not appearing on my menu?
First, please ensure that the items have available inventory within your point of sale. You will also need to ensure that the inventory level of that product is above any low inventory thresholds you have put in place in your Leafly Integrations Settings. Secondly, do the items have valid price points attached? Leafly will be accept items with a $0.00 price point.
If you have confirmed still do not see the item on your menu, please connect with our Leafly Support team by emailing email@example.com