Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with POSaBIT. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the FAQs prior to syncing
- Generating your API key in Leafly
- Enter your Leafly API key in POSaBIT
- Post-Integration Actions in Leafly
Leafly Setup - Generating your API Key
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
- Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup
- On the Connect your POS screen, select 'connect my POS' to begin the integration sync process.
- Under POS System, select the drop-down to find POSaBIT
- Select continue to next step.
- Once you do, your Leafly API key will be generated for you to copy.
- Click 'copy' to copy your Leafly API key.
- Once copied, click 'continue to next step' to continue the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- Click acknowledge and accept to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page, with a success message in the upper right corner.
You can follow the steps outlined in the documentation provided by the POSaBit Team here: Leafly Menu Integration & Implementation
1. Create New Menu Feed
- Log into the Admin Tool
- Go to Productions → Menu Feeds
- Select New Menu Feed
- Once opened, name it Leafly and select the type to be Leafly
2. Menu Sync Credentials
- Paste your Leafly API Key into the Client Key field
- Set the API Key asdWFXzEuwIbVlXxr7ggAkEQ9e80vkYcJqO5aESwkszx2Dfb6t
- Set the Base URL as https://api.leafly.com/v1/menu_integration
- Hit Save
3. Edit the Menu
- Go to the Leafly feed
- Click the Edit button on the right-hand side of the feed. Once here, you will be able to set up your categories, products, etc.
On this page, click New Category. From there →
- Select the name from the dropdown
- Add a Description
- Set to Sort by Name or Strain
- Filter what shows up in the Category →
- Product Types
- Flower Type
- Product Tags
- Minimum Quantity on Hand
- Select Combine Weights (only for Flower)
- Hit Save
You will need to repeat this for each category for your Leafly Menu Feed.
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your POSaBIT menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
On the POS Settings page, you can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Please note: The THCA Only and CBDA Only setting options are unavailable for this integration.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
FAQs (please review prior to menu sync)
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Once I make a change in my POS, how soon will I see the changes on Leafly’s menu?
- Changes made in POSaBIT will automatically sync to Leafly’s menu. Please allow up to 15 minutes for the change to appear.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- With this integration, when you are synced, you can:
- manually select staff picks
- override status of items received from the POS (active/inactive)
- set inventory thresholds at a global and category level
- override your POS menu items with your own product photography, descriptions, potency values and more
- If you disconnect and choose to retain data from your last POS sync, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will remain unless a POS is reconnected and resynced to Leafly.
- If you disconnect and choose to restore pre-POS connected menu data, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will not remain and will be deleted.
Where do I upload my photos?
- POSaBIT does not currently support photo uploads to menu feeds. You are able to manually upload images via Leafly Biz (after the next sync,these images will remain). If you run into an issue where images are disappearing, please reach use our Request Form to contact our Support Team
Who should I contact with menu sync issues?
- Please contact POSaBIT support (email@example.com or 1-855-767-2248). If issues need to be escalated to Leafly to investigate, their team will reach out.
Can I regenerate my Leafly API key?
- If you need to regenerate your Leafly API key, please contact Leafly support using our Request Form.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Clients can use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes to apply in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Please also visit our Knowledge Base for helpful hints and tips.