This guide will walk you through the essential steps to activate your Ordering Integration with your Flowhub POS.
💡 Before you start the integration process, we kindly ask that you take a moment to review the information below:
💡 To successfully complete your ordering sync, please follow the steps below:
- Setup Flowhub + Leafly Menu Integration (if not already completed)
- Request Your Flowhub Order API credentials
- Leafly to enable Flowhub Order integration in Leafly Biz
❗ Please note that once you enable the Flowhub order integration, your Leafly order dashboard will become read-only. While the order integration is active, order fulfillment will take place within Flowhub.
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Looking for Flowhub menu integration information? Check out this article!
Flowhub Set Up
1. Flowhub Requirements
Flowhub requires the following to have Order Ahead functionality enabled for your location:
- Must have Flowhub Cashier 2.0
- An account with Leafly
- Must have inventory available in Flowhub
- Must be on the Flowhub Maui Experience Menu Integration
Note: Inventory in Flowhub must be in a “For Sale” room with a quantity above zero to be visible by Flowhub’s Inventory API.
2. Flowhub Credentials
The first step is for you to submit a request with Flowhub for your Order Ahead API credentials. To obtain your Flowhub Order Ahead keys, complete this form which will generate a task for Flowhub to create and distribute your location API keys.
Once requested, Flowhub will send your Order Ahead API keys to you within 2 business days. If you need assistance activating the integration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that no one other than the location can request the credentials.
1. Order Settings
Follow these steps to enable the Flowhub Order integration in Leafly.
- Open your web browser and sign into Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com/Admin
- From the left-side panel click on 'Settings'
- Click on 'Integrations' from the drop-down
On this page, enter the Flowhub OAuth Client ID (Order Ahead Client ID) and OAuth Client Secret (Order Ahead Token). It's important to note that these credentials are NOT the same as those used for your menu integration.
Please refer back to the steps here to obtain the correct credentials: Flowhub Set Up
Select 'save to enable' to turn on the integration
Once doing so, you will see that the ordering integration is now activated:
If you need to disable the ordering integration, flip the toggle on this page to disconnect.
2. Order Notifications
Follow these steps to enable email notification alerts for Leafly Orders through the Cova Order integration: Enabling Email Notifications for Leafly Pickup
Flowhub Order Flow
This section will outline the steps necessary to find and fulfill Leafly orders in Flowhub. You can also find these steps in this Flowhub Help article.
1. Access Order Ahead
When an order is submitted through Leafly, the order will come into Flowhub Cashier’s Order Ahead tab of the Cashier menu:
- New Orders - All incoming orders that have not yet been picked up.
- In Progress - All orders that are currently being filled by employees.
- Ready - All orders have been fulfilled, and the customer has been notified.
2. Accept an Order
- Select a customer from the “New Orders” column by clicking their name.
- You’ll now see the customer information (phone, email, and any notes for the order along with the order details)
- The status will show as "New Order."
- This will switch to "In Progress" once the employee begins adding products to the cart.
3. Building the Cart
- The product list will show all products the customer wishes to purchase:
- Locate the item in-store. Once the item is located, you can scan the barcode or click the + button next to the item.
- As items are added the "Cannabis Counter" will update to reflect the customer's limit (if applicable).
- Once all items have been added to the cart the "Notify Customer That Order is Ready" button will become available:
- Click this button to notify the customer that the order is available and move the order into a "Ready for Pick-Up status"
- Click "Back to Status Board" in the upper left-hand corner to return to the main Order Ahead page.
- You'll see the order is now in the "Ready" column and will be available to be finished when the customer arrives.
4. Finishing the Order
- The customer will check into Flowhub as they would normally.
- Locate the customer's name in the "Ready" column. Choose "Check Out".
- This will open a customer modal where you can select the customer's profile:
- Choose "Open Cart". This will link the Order Ahead order to the customer's Flowhub profile and bring you into the customer's cart:
- Taxes will now be applied to the total.
- Add any additional products the customer would like.
If adding additional items:
You will get the message “Before modifying this sale, are you sure you have the correct order? Adding more items to the sale will link this customer’s profile to all future orders from this (integration partner)’s account”
- Choose “Yes, add more items to cart” to continue or cancel to undo the add.
- You will get the message “Before modifying this sale, are you sure you have the correct order? Adding more items to the sale will link this customer’s profile to all future orders from this (integration partner)’s account”
- Add any discounts that the customer qualifies for by adding an inline discount.
- You can now finish the sale as you would in Flowhub Cashier.
- After entering the cash/tender you'll get the confirmation that the customer was linked to their partner's profile, along with the option to reprint any labels or receipts.
Is there a cost associated with using this integration?
- No, there is no additional cost associated with turning on this integration.
What is the SLA for activating the Flowhub Order integration after sending the request?
Once requested, Flowhub will share your Order Ahead API keys within 2 business days.
You can follow the activation steps outlined above to enable the integration, or you can share your Order Ahead credentials with Leafly Support and request they complete the integration.
Do I need to enable my POS menu sync from Flowhub before enabling the Order integration?
Yes, at this time, you must have the Menu integration enabled and actively syncing before enabling the Order integration.
You can find instructions to enable the Menu integration sync in the Flowhub Menu Integration Guide
Do I need to be a Pickup partner + Leafly customer to activate the Flowhub Order settings?
Yes, at this time, you must have both Leafly Pickup functionality enabled and a current subscription to our advertising services activated to use the Flowhub Order Integration settings.
To learn how to enable online ordering, please take a look at this article: Adding Leafly online ordering to your location
How do I activate Order Ahead in Flowhub if I’m not already using Flowhub Order Ahead?
You can activate this in your Location Settings tab in Flowhub.
Navigate to Location Management → Settings and select the Enable Order Ahead check box. Your location settings tab to enable the Order Ahead tab if you are not already using any order ahead. This can be found in the "Location Management ---> Settings ----> Enable Order Ahead check box"
Will government IDs transfer to Flowhub for delivery orders?
Do customers receive notifications when the order status changes in Flowhub?
Yes. Customers will receive automated SMS notifications when order status is changed within the POS.
Once Order Integration is enabled, will the Leafly Order Dashboard be disabled?
Yes. Once the Order Integration is enabled the Leafly Order Dashboard will be read-only. The dashboard will update appropriately, but will not be actionable.
All order actions must be performed within your Flowhub POS.
Does Flowhub support a “hold queue”?
No. Menu items are removed from inventory when the order transaction is completed.
How do I cancel an order?
At this time you need to perform all cancellations within the POS and the Leafly order dashboard will update in the case of Cancellations.
In addition, you cannot provide a reason for cancellation, and these do not carry through from Flowhub to Leafly.
If a customer includes their personal information with their online order, is it included with the order in Flowhub?
Yes. Leafly will pass the customer information provided with the order (MMID, f/l name, email address, phone number) and these details are visible in the order details in Flowhub.
Leafly does not create new profiles or match with existing profiles in Flowhub. This step will be completed manually in the POS when the order is being fulfilled.
Will my Leafly Deal pricing sync to my POS via the order integration?
No. At this time, you will need to replicate the deal in your POS and apply it to any applicable items in Leafly-sourced orders once you begin filling them in your POS system.