Eatabit printers use Wifi and can be installed just by using your mobile device/tablet. For more information receiving this printer for your location, please use our Request Form to contact our Support Team.
This article covers the step-by-step process of installing your Eatabit printer and troubleshooting steps. Please see the following steps:
- Installing your Eatabit Printer
- Eatabit Tips for Success
- Eatabit Troubleshooting
Installing your Eatabit Printer
Requirements for Installation
Below you can see the requirements for installing the Eatabit Wi-Fi Model:
- Minimum iOS version: 8.0 or minimum Android version: 4.3
- Bluetooth must be enabled on your phone/tablet
- The printer must be in range of the wifi network
- The printer should be at least 10 feet away from the wifi router
- Phone must be in the range of the printer
- Choose the 2.4Ghz WiFi network
- Phone must have location services available
Receiving & Setting Up your Printer
Once you receive your Eatabit printer to your location, follow these steps to begin the setup:
- Plug the device into the standard power outlet
- Follow the instructions found on the LCD screen located on the device
- Connect the device to Wifi using your mobile smartphone or tablet.
- Please note that: AFTER A WIFI DEVICE HAS ALREADY BEEN SET UP ONCE, it will remember the network credentials, even when powered off.
Note: The minute timer on the device is a feature used by restaurants. It's to signify the current average number of minutes of prep time for food orders. This feature is not used in retail applications. Additionally, this "displayed prep time" feature is not user-configurable.
Linking your Printer to Leafly
After setting up your printer on-site, you will want to make sure you link your printer to Leafly so that your receipts can print.
To do so, follow these steps:
- From the left-side panel, click on 'Settings'
- Select 'Notifications'
- Once inside Notifications, click on the 'Printers' tab:
If you need to change your type of printer or reset your printer settings, follow the steps here: Resetting your Leafly printer settings
- From the drop-down - select the 'Eatabit' option
- Enter the device ID into the Eatabit ID field
- This device ID can be found underneath your printer
- After doing so, select 'Save'
- After saving the information, your printer settings will be saved and displayed as shown below:
Eatabit Tips for Success
Do locate the printer →
- In high visibility area (countertop)
- Near Telephone or Point of Sale System
- Near Standard Power Outlet
Do NOT locate the printer →
- Near large equipment (electric fan etc.)
- Near water/other liquids
- Near heat sources
Before receiving orders →
- Have HQ send test orders
- Demonstrate how to tear tickets, to avoid paper jams, tear carefully!
- Stock extra paper rolls near the device
Recommended Paper →
1 ply Thermal Paper Rolls 3- 1/8 in x 119 ft
Available on Amazon.com from multiple sellers or from the distributor at GORILLAPAPER.com
If the device does not function properly or if there are any printer connectivity issues, please direct all inquiries to http://support.eatabit.io and the Eatabit Support Team can assist you further. You will need to be able to provide the last 4 digits of the device id which is located on the bottom of the printer.
Device is not printing
If there are any issues with the device not printing, please follow these troubleshooting steps:
1. Confirm that the Eatabit app is downloaded onto the smartphone or tablet
2. Ensure Bluetooth AND Location Services are active on the smartphone/tablet
Make sure no other devices are connected to the phone's/tablet's bluetooth
3. Unplug the Eatabit Printer device from the power
4. Press the 'Down Arrow' button on Eatabit Printer device and keep it depressed
5. Plug the Eatabit Printer device into power
6. When the LCD screen on the Eatabit Printer device reads, "resetting," stop pressing the 'Down Arrow' button
7. Use the Eatabit app on the smart phone to choose the correct WiFi network
8. Use the Eatabit app on the smart phone to enter the WiFi network password.
Be sure the smart phone is not automatically CaPiTaLIZINg letters in the password that should be lower case.
For additional assistance or questions, please email email@example.com to connect with our Support Team.