Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with Brytemap. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the FAQs prior to syncing
- Generating your API key in Leafly
- Enter your Leafly API key in Brytemap
- Post-Integration Actions in Leafly
Leafly Setup - Generating your API Key
1. Accessing the Leafly Menu Manager
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
- Once on your dashboard, click on the 'Menu' tab
2. Navigating to the Menu Manager Settings
- Navigate to your Menu Manager Settings on the Menu page by clicking on the navigation bar in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on Settings in the drop-down to navigate to your Menu Settings.
3. Menu Manager Settings Setup
- On the Connect your POS screen, select 'connect my POS' to begin the integration sync process.
- Under POS System, select the drop-down to find Brytemap GreenR
- Click the option
- Select continue to next step. Once you do, your Leafly API key will be generated for you to copy.
- Click 'copy' to copy your Leafly API key to share with the Brytemap team.
- Once copied, click 'continue to next step' to continue the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- Click acknowledge and accept to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page, with a success message in the upper right corner.
The Brytemap team has supplied a visual walkthrough of setting up the Leafly Integration in the Brytemap POS:
1. Navigating to the Biz Setttings
- After logging into your Brytemap POS, navigate to the Settings
- Click on the Integrations option underneath the E-Commerce section:
2. Inputting your Leafly API Key
- Paste your Leafly API key within the Menu Integrator Key field
- Click on Save to retain the changes made.
3. Product Onboarding
- Once on your products, select Available on Leafly to make the product visible on your Leafly Menu
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your Brytemap menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. Remap categories as desired on the POS Settings tab once your menu is successfully synced to Leafly.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
On the POS Settings page, you can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
FAQs (please review prior to menu sync)
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state.
- To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Once I make a change in my POS, how soon will I see the changes on Leafly’s menu?
- Changes made in Brytemap will be sent to Leafly real-time and will appear on Leafly automatically. Please allow up to 10 minutes for changes to be reflected on Leafly.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- With this integration, when you are synced, you can:
- manually select staff picks
- override status of items received from the POS
- set inventory thresholds at a global and category level
- override your POS menu items with your own product photography, descriptions, potency values and more
- If you disconnect and choose to retain data from your last POS sync, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will remain unless a POS is reconnected and resynced to Leafly.
- If you disconnect and choose to restore pre-POS connected menu data, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will not remain and will be deleted.
Why are some products that should appear in a specific category falling into the “Other” category?
- Leafly currently supports the following categories: Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other. If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default.
- You can remap categories in Leafly Biz. You can find the instructions to remap under Leafly Configuration > Category Mapping in this article. Here’s a mapping of the default Leafly equivalent category for a Bloom category.
Can I regenerate my Leafly API key?
- If you need to regenerate your Leafly API key, please contact Leafly support using our Request Form.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Please also visit our Knowledge Base for helpful hints and tips.