Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with Hyve. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the Hyve FAQs
- Generating your API key in Leafly
- Complete your Integration in Hyve
- Activate and Configure your Menu Sync in Leafly
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Leafly Setup - Generating your API Key
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
- Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup - Getting Started
To get started, click on the Connect my POS option once on the Integration Settings page:
From the drop-down selection, choose the option: Hyve. Select 'continue to next step' to proceed to the next screen:
On this screen, your API key will be generated. You can click copy to copy your API key from Leafly. To finalize the integration steps on Leafly, please select continue to next step
Click 'acknowledge and accept' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page. At all times, you can preview your API key that has been generated for your integration on Leafly.
Please continue to Hyve Setup as menu items will not sync to Leafly until those steps have been completed.
1. Create a Menu Feed
To get started, log into your Hyve POS. Go to the Menu tab and complete these steps →
- Select Feeds
- Click + Add Menu Feed, located in the top right corner
- Enter a name for the feed
- Select Leafly within the Integration Type drop-down menu
- Select Save
Your Hyve menu categories will then be automatically mapped to Leafly.
Next, you will need to select the Edit icon on your newly created Leafly Menu Feed.
You will then be able to see all items within your menu feed and edit categories or make other changes.
- Select the Edit icon for the applicable product you’d like to change
- Make category changes as desired
- Select Save
From the Menu Feed List, you can also select the Preview icon. Once selected a pop-up will appear showing you the menu information that will be displayed on Leafly.
If you are missing information, an error bar will appear to alert you as to what is missing. Click the arrow, located on the far right to open the product details to fill in any missing information.
Integration Configuration and Settings
Once you have successfully synced your Hyve menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
With Hyve, you have the following options:
- Default Item Status
- Category Mapping
- Inventory Availability Rules
- Inventory Exclusion Rules
- Cannabinoid Calculation
- Disconnecting your POS
Default Item Status
Automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status must be manually set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active”: these items will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive”: these items will be hidden from all online menus. They will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, and Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. You can remap your POS Category to the Leafly category.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
You can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Note: If your POS has the ability for thresholds, those settings will override Leafly.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
You can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus by product keyword or category.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
You can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu on the POS Settings page. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Please note: The THCA Only and CBDA Only setting options are unavailable for this integration.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
How often does Hyve sync with Leafly?
- Hyve pushes your menu data to Leafly every 15 minutes.
- You can also manually push changes within Hyve. For more information or if there are any concerns about missing items, please connect with the Hyve Team through firstname.lastname@example.org
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state.
- To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
What fields do you pull data from in Hyve?
- You can preview the field mapping below:
Accessory, Seed, Clone, Flower, Edible,
PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other
This field contains additional fields (Name,
Lower Range, Upper Range and Unit of
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- You can manually update any field except for pricing and your product sizes (variants).
- To learn how to manually edit POS data, please check out this Help Desk article: What data can I manually edit on Leafly if I am syncing with a point of sale?
If I have Pickup enabled on my menu, how do I enable / disable products for Pickup?
- To do this, open the item you want to change in the Hyve back-office. On the Details tab → check off Active if the product should be available to customers for Pickup (leave unchecked if they should not be), then click Save.
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- No, sales tax is not supported with this integration.
- Clients can also use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
Are Dual Menus supported for the Hyve POS?
- No, dual menus is not supported with this POS.