Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with Greenline. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the FAQs prior to syncing
- Generating your API key in Leafly
- Enter your Leafly API key in Greenline
- Post-Integration Actions in Leafly
Leafly Setup - Generating your API Key
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
- Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup
On the Connect your POS screen, select 'connect my POS' to begin the integration sync process.
- Under POS System, select the drop-down to find Greenline.
- Click the option
- Select continue to next step.
- Once you do, your Leafly API key will be generated for you to copy.
- Click 'copy' to copy your Leafly API key
- Once copied, click 'continue to next step' to continue the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- Click acknowledge and accept to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page, with a success message in the upper right corner.
- Log into your Greenline Dashboard → click on Integrations > select Leafly
- Enable this integration
- Once the Leafly integration is enabled, on the API Settings tab, enter in your API key
- Within the Integrations tab → go to the Categories tab
- Map your Greenline category to Leafly
- When a Greenline category is not synced to Leafly, the details are not correctly and automatically synced. We recommend you determine which categories you want showing up on Leafly, and attaching a Leafly category to your Greenline category. This way, every time you add or update a product in this category, the data will sync.
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your Greenline menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
On the POS Settings page, you can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Greenline FAQ (prior to syncing, please review)
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
When should I expect to see our Leafly menu up to date after making changes in Greenline?
- Changes within Greenline should automatically sync to Leafly’s menu. Please allow 5 - 10 minutes for the changes to then appear on the menu. If a product runs out of stock, the product will be hidden on Leafly’s end.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- With this integration, when you are synced, you can:
- manually select staff picks
- override status of items received from the POS
- set inventory thresholds at a global and category level
- override your POS menu items with your own product photography, descriptions, potency values and more
- If you disconnect and choose to retain data from your last POS sync, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will remain unless a POS is reconnected and resynced to Leafly.
- If you disconnect and choose to restore pre-POS connected menu data, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will not remain and will be deleted.
How are my THC and CBD values from my POS presented in Leafly?
Leafly allows you to choose 1 of 4 calculation method options to be applied to the cannabinoid values coming from your POS inventory. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
You can chance the default method applies to your menu in Leafly Biz. You can find the instructions to change the default calculation method applies under Leafly Configuration > Cannabinoid Calculations in this article.
Can I regenerate my Leafly API key?
- If you need to regenerate your Leafly API key, please contact Leafly support using our Request Form.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Clients can use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes to apply in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
Expected to be the strain name + additional
Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible,
PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical,
Use “Name” field in Greenline
Thc and cbd
Defaults to % for now
Integration Guide Disclaimer
For further assistance or questions, please reach out to Greenline (firstname.lastname@example.org) or use our Request Form to contact the Leafly Support Team.
Please also visit our Knowledge Base for helpful hints and tips.