Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with Greenline. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the Greenline FAQs
- Generating your API key in Leafly
- Enter your Leafly API key in Greenline
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Integration Guide Disclaimer
For more information on the functionality of Greenline, please visit: Greenline Help Center
Leafly Setup - Generating your API Key
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
- Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup - Getting Started
To get started, click on the Connect my POS option once on the Integration Settings page:
From the drop-down selection, choose the option: Greenline. Select 'continue to next step' to proceed to the next screen:
On this screen, your API key will be generated. You can click copy to copy your API key from Leafly. To finalize the integration steps on Leafly, please select continue to next step
Click 'acknowledge and accept' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page. At all times, you can preview your API key that has been generated for your integration on Leafly.
Please continue to Greenline Setup as menu items will not sync to Leafly until those steps have been completed.
For more information and step-by-step directions, please head to: Leafly Integration Setup
1. Connect with Greenline
To proceed with setting up the integration, reach out to Greenline's Customer Success at email@example.com to request the feature to be enabled on the backend of your account.
Once enabled, you will see a page called Integrations > Leafly in your Greenline Dashboard.
2. Enter your Leafly API Key
On your Greenline Dashboard > Integrations > Leafly page, click on the API Settings tab.
Enter in your Leafly API key information into the appropriate location field (if you have multiple locations). If you have unused locations, you can leave those fields blank.
Click the green check mark once you've entered in the correct API credentials.
3. Map Categories in Greenline
Greenline will only sync products under a category you connect with an official Leafly category.
Go to the Categories tab, you will see Greenline and Leafly categories.
Ensure the correct categories are selected by reviewing the drop-down options under the Leafly category.
Check off the categories that you would like to sync.
After you've selected your categories, click the "Update" button. The products are not yet put into your Leafly menu. You will still need to sync all.
Note: If you don't want certain categories, such as accessories, to be synced to Leafy you can leave the checkmark empty.
4. Sync your Products
Go to the Sync tab
Read the Before you proceed informational box.
Click Sync all to connect all your Greenline categories and products (within those categories) to your Leafly account.
Make sure you stay on this page to ensure that the products finish syncing it takes approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
Once the initial sync for all your products has been set up, any future product details or inventory changes will automatically sync between the systems.
Integration Configuration and Settings
Once you have successfully synced your Greenline menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
With Greenline, you have the following options:
- Default Item Status
- Category Mapping
- Inventory Availability Rules
- Inventory Exclusion Rules
- Cannabinoid Calculation
- Disconnecting your POS
Default Item Status
Automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status must be manually set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active”: these items will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive”: these items will be hidden from all online menus. They will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, and Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. You can remap your POS Category to the Leafly category.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
You can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Note: If your POS has the ability for thresholds, those settings will override Leafly.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
You can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus by product keyword or category.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
You can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu on the POS Settings page. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Please note: The THCA Only and CBDA Only setting options are unavailable for this integration.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Where can I see more information about Greenline?
- Greenline has a Help Desk center with resources here: Greenline Help Center
- For more information on this specific integration, please check out this page: Leafly Integration Setup
How often does Greenline sync with Leafly?
- Greenline pushes your menu data to Leafly every 15 minutes.
- You can force a sync for products within your Greenline POS by clicking the sync all button
- If there are any concerns of missing items, please connect with the Greenline Team through firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state.
- To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
What fields do you pull data from in Greenline?
- You can preview the fields below:
Expected to be the strain name + additional
Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible,
PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical,
Use “Name” field in Greenline
Thc and cbd
Defaults to % for now
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- You can manually update any field except for pricing and your product sizes (variants).
- To learn how to manually edit POS data, please check out this Help Desk article: What data can I manually edit on Leafly if I am syncing with a point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- No - sales tax is not supported for this integration.
- Clients can use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes to apply in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
Are Dual Menus supported for the Greenline POS?
- Yes - items need to be assigned the correct medical or recreational tag.
- For more information on Dual menus, please read: Learn More - Dual Menus