This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with BioTrack through Headset. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Obtain your API credentials from Headset
- Enter your Headset API credentials into Leafly Biz
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
You will need to set up your account in Headset first. Getting set up on Headset is free. Please reach out to email@example.com if you need to sign up and onboard with Headset. If you have both Headset and Leafly setup, you can proceed with the steps in this article.
Menu attributes that will sync to Leafly’s front-end →
- Item Name
- Menu Categories (Accessory | Seeds | Clone | Flower | Edible | PreRoll | Concentrate | Cartridge | Topical - see FAQs for additional product category mapping details)
- Strain Name
- Brand Name
- Inventory Level
- Compound Data (THC + CBD) (please see FAQs for further details)
- Price (Sales tax is not included, please see FAQs for further details)
Menu attributes that will NOT sync to Leafly’s front-end →
- Images (this can be manually updated in Biz / on Menu)
- Enable / Disable Pickup on Items (please see FAQs for further details)
FAQ (prior to syncing, please review)
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
I have activated my sync, but the menu has not been updated, what are next steps?
- Once you activate your sync, the data will take about 1 - 2 hours to appear on Leafly. If, after this time, the menu has still not updated, please email Headset Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
When should I expect to see our Leafly menu up to date after making changes in Biotrack?
- Changes within Biotrack will sync with Headset, which will sync to Leafly’s menu every hour.
Where do I upload my photos?
- Biotrack does not currently support photo uploads to menu feeds. You are able to manually upload images via Leafly Biz (after the next sync, these images will remain). If you run into an issue where images are disappearing, please use our Request Form to contact our Support Team.
Can I limit rooms in Biotrack for what items are synced?
- Yes, you can! Once you activate your sync in Leafly Biz, you can identify the Biotrack rooms you’d like to sync to your Leafly menu, and which rooms you’d like to not have synced on your menu. You can find the instructions to remap under Leafly Configuration > Room Exclusion in this article.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- With this integration, when you are synced, you can:
- manually select staff picks
- override status of items received from the POS
- set inventory thresholds at a global and category level
- override your POS menu items with your own product photography, descriptions, potency values and more
- If you disconnect and choose to retain data from your last POS sync, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will remain unless a POS is reconnected and resynced to Leafly.
- If you disconnect and choose to restore pre-POS connected menu data, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will not remain and will be deleted.
Why are some products that should appear in a specific category falling into the “Other” category?
- There are some restrictions around category types. Leafly can only map to one Leafly category. We currently support Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other. If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default.
- You can remap categories in Leafly Biz. You can find the instructions to remap under Leafly Configuration > Category Mapping in this article.
Is there a way to set a minimum threshold amount for products?
- Yes, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1 (one). You can find instructions for this setup under Leafly Configuration, Inventory Availability Rules in this article.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
- Send an email to Headset at email@example.com to request your API credentials. You will be requesting the following identifiers:
- Headset Store ID
Note: If have multiple locations, please list each one separately.
- Open your web browser and sign into Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com/Admin
- Once on your dashboard, click on the 'Menu' tab (a new window will open)
- Navigate to your Menu Settings on the Menu page by clicking on the navigation bar in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on Settings in the drop-down to navigate to your Menu Settings.
On the POS Settings tab, select connect my POS to begin the integration sync process.
- Select Biotrack via Headset from the drop-down selection
- Select 'continue to next step' to proceed to the next screen
- Enter your Headset credentials in the appropriate fields. You’ll need to enter a valid Store ID to successfully connect.
Once you’ve entered your credentials, click 'test connection' to confirm entered correctly
- Once you’ve successfully tested your credentials, click 'continue to next step'.
- Click 'acknowledge and accept' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- You will be taken back to the POS Settings page with a success message in the upper right corner and POS Status of Connected. Your POS menu data will now begin to pass to Leafly.
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your Biotrack via Headset menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz. These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data. This section will walk you through the configuration available in Leafly Biz today.
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Inventory Availability Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1 (one).
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other. If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. Remap categories as desired on the POS Settings tab once your Biotrack via Headset menu is successfully synced to Leafly.
Room Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can exclude inventory that resides within a POS “ROOM” that you do not wish to be shown on your online menu.
Edit your POS Credentials
Complete the following steps to edit your POS credentials:
- On the POS Settings page, select the navigation bar under the Status section. This will expose the drop-down navigation menu.
- Select 'Edit POS Credentials' in the drop-down navigation menu.
- An overlay window will appear with your existing API credentials included. Edit the necessary information and click Save when complete. When successfully saved, you’ll be taken back to the POS Settings page.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Please also visit our Knowledge Base for helpful hints and tips.