Please note: You will need to set up your account in Headset first. Getting set up on Headset is free. Please reach out to email@example.com if you need to sign up and onboard with Headset. If you have both Headset and Leafly setup, you can proceed with the steps in this article.
Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with BioTrack via Headset. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the FAQs prior to syncing
- Obtain your API credentials from Headset
- Enter your Headset API credentials into Leafly Biz
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
1. Obtaining/requesting your Headset Credentials
To get started, send an email to Headset at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your API credentials. You will be requesting the following identifier: Headset Store ID
The Headset Team will onboard you and provide you with your Store ID after they complete the setup in Headset.
Leafly Setup - Completing your Sync
1. Accessing the Leafly Menu Manager
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
- Once on your dashboard, click on the 'Menu' tab
2. Navigating to the Menu Manager Settings
- Navigate to your Menu Manager Settings on the Menu page by clicking on the navigation bar in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on Settings in the drop-down to navigate to your Menu Settings.
3. Menu Manager Settings Setup
- On the Connect your POS screen, select 'connect my POS' to begin the integration sync process.
- Under POS System, select the drop-down to find Biotrack via Headset.
- Click the option
- Select 'continue to next step' to proceed to the next screen
- Enter your Headset credentials in the appropriate fields. You’ll need to enter a valid Store ID to successfully connect.
Once you’ve entered your credentials, click 'test connection' to confirm entered correctly
- Once you’ve successfully tested your credentials, click 'continue to next step'.
- Click acknowledge and accept to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page, with a success message in the upper right corner.
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your Biotrack via Headset menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. Remap categories as desired on the POS Settings tab once your menu is successfully synced to Leafly.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
Related article: Including/excluding inventory rooms on Leafly
On the POS Settings page, you can exclude inventory that resides within a POS “ROOM” that you do not wish to be shown on your online menu.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
On the POS Settings page, you can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
FAQ (prior to syncing, please review)
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
I have activated my sync, but the menu has not been updated, what are next steps?
- Once you activate your sync, the data will take about 1 - 2 hours to appear on Leafly. If, after this time, the menu has still not updated, please email Headset Support (email@example.com).
When should I expect to see our Leafly menu up to date after making changes in Biotrack?
- Changes within Biotrack will sync with Headset, which will sync to Leafly’s menu every hour.
Where do I upload my photos?
- Biotrack does not currently support photo uploads to menu feeds. You are able to manually upload images via Leafly Biz (after the next sync, these images will remain). If you run into an issue where images are disappearing, please use our Request Form to contact our Support Team.
Can I limit rooms in Biotrack for what items are synced?
- Yes, you can! Once you activate your sync in Leafly Biz, you can identify the Biotrack rooms you’d like to sync to your Leafly menu, and which rooms you’d like to not have synced on your menu. You can find the instructions to remap under Leafly Configuration > Room Exclusion in this article.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- With this integration, when you are synced, you can:
- manually select staff picks
- override status of items received from the POS
- set inventory thresholds at a global and category level
- override your POS menu items with your own product photography, descriptions, potency values and more
- If you disconnect and choose to retain data from your last POS sync, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will remain unless a POS is reconnected and resynced to Leafly.
- If you disconnect and choose to restore pre-POS connected menu data, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will not remain and will be deleted.
Why are some products that should appear in a specific category falling into the “Other” category?
- There are some restrictions around category types. Leafly can only map to one Leafly category. We currently support Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other. If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default.
- You can remap categories in Leafly Biz. You can find the instructions to remap under Leafly Configuration > Category Mapping in this article.
Is there a way to set a minimum threshold amount for products?
- Yes, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1 (one). You can find instructions for this setup under Leafly Configuration, Inventory Availability Rules in this article.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Clients can use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes to apply in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
Menu attributes that will sync to Leafly’s front-end →
- Item Name
- Menu Categories (Accessory | Seeds | Clone | Flower | Edible | PreRoll | Concentrate | Cartridge | Topical - see FAQs for additional product category mapping details)
- Strain Name
- Brand Name
- Inventory Level
- Compound Data (THC + CBD) (please see FAQs for further details)
- Price (Sales tax is not included, please see FAQs for further details)
Menu attributes that will NOT sync to Leafly’s front-end →
- Images (this can be manually updated in Biz / on Menu)
- Enable / Disable Pickup on Items (please see FAQs for further details)
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Please also visit our Knowledge Base for helpful hints and tips.