This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with MJ Freeway. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Request your API credentials from MJ Freeway
- Leafly will enter your MJ Freeway API credentials into Leafly Biz
- Leafly will activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Items that will sync to Leafly’s front-end →
- Product Name
- Strain Name
- Brand Name
- Compound Data (THC + CBD)
- Price (Sales tax is not included, please see FAQs for further details)
- Inventory Level
If included in Item Name, Leafly will separate Brand and Item name.
Compound Data (THC + CBD)
Potency Information → D9THC + CBD
Product Expansion Description
Product Image (Primary)
JPEG or PNG image
FAQ (prior to syncing, please review)
What is the SLA for receiving the MJ Freeway credentials after sending the request?
- Once requested, MJ Freeway will send the API keys to Leafly within 2 business days. Leafly will activate the integration within 1 business day upon receipt of the API keys.
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Once I make a change in my POS, how soon will I see the changes on Leafly’s menu?
- Changes made in MJ Freeway will automatically sync to Leafly’s menu. Please allow up to 10 minutes for the change to appear.
Why are some products that should appear in a specific category falling into the “Other” category?
- There are some restrictions around category types. Leafly can only map to one Leafly category. We currently support Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other. If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. You can remap categories in Leafly Biz. You can find the instructions to remap under Leafly Configuration > Category Mapping in this article or by checking out this article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- With this integration, when you are synced, you can:
- manually select staff picks
- override status of items received from the POS
- set inventory thresholds at a global and category level
- override your POS menu items with your own product photography, descriptions, potency values and more
- If you disconnect and choose to retain data from your last POS sync, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will remain unless a POS is reconnected and resynced to Leafly.
- If you disconnect and choose to restore pre-POS connected menu data, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will not remain and will be deleted.
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Clients can use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes to apply in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
How should I enter THC + CBD data?
- Currently, the only area to include potency information for a product in MJ is on the Product Create/Modify page, and it must be manually entered. Actual lab results for a specific package of inventory is determined by the State and is a different workflow and setting. To have Potency Information such as THC and CBD display in Leafly, users will need to manually enter that information into the Product Create/Modify Page.
How are my THC and CBD values from my POS presented in Leafly?
- Leafly allows you to choose the calculation method to be applied to the cannabinoid values coming from your POS menu. More information on the available calculation methods supported in Leafly can be found here.
- You can change the default method applied to your menu in Leafly Biz. You can find the instructions to change the default calculation method applied under Leafly Configuration > Cannabinoid Calculations in this article.
Can all MJ clients integrate with this sync?
- All clients outside of Pennsylvania are able to sync their menus. This is due to a restriction, where data cannot leave the MJ / Leaf Data platforms.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
MJ Freeway Setup
Legacy Menu Deactivation
If you are using Leafly’s legacy (older) menu integration with MJ, you will need to log into your MJ Freeway system to deactivate the previous version →
- Click onto Facility Settings
- Select Manage Third-Party Integrations
- On the Active tab, find “Leafly” in the list and click Edit
From the “Active” drop-down menu →
- Select No
- Click Save
Once saved, you will be brought back to the Third Party integrations page where you will see the old Leafly integration has been moved to the Inactive tab.
- Send an email to MJ Freeway at email@example.com to request your API credentials.
- Please copy firstname.lastname@example.org on the email request for Leafly team visibility
- You will be requesting the following identifiers:
- API Key
- Facility ID
- Org ID
- User ID
- MJ Freeway will share the requested credentials with Leafly directly. Note: If you have multiple locations, please list each one separately.
- Open your web browser and sign into Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com/Admin
- Once on your dashboard, click on the 'Menu' tab (a new window will open)
- Navigate to your Menu Settings on the Menu page by clicking on the navigation bar in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on Settings in the drop-down to navigate to your Menu Settings.
- On the Connect your POS screen, select 'connect my POS' to begin the integration sync process.
- Select MJFreeway from the drop-down
- Enter your MJ Freeway API credentials in the appropriate fields. You’ll enter a valid API key, Facility ID and Org ID and User ID to successfully connect.
- Once you’ve entered your credentials, click test credentials to confirm entered correctly.
- Once you’ve successfully tested your credentials, select continue to next step.
- Click acknowledge and accept to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- You will be taken back to the POS Settings page, with a success message in the upper right corner.
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your MJFreeway menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz. These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data. This section will walk you through the configuration available in Leafly Biz today.
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Inventory Availability Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1 (one).
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other. If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. Remap categories as desired on the POS Settings tab once your Cova menu is successfully synced to Leafly.
Edit your POS Credentials
Complete the following steps to edit your POS credentials:
- On the POS Settings page, select the navigation bar under the Status section. This will expose the drop-down navigation menu.
- Select 'Edit POS Credentials' in the drop-down navigation menu.
- An overlay window will appear with your existing API credentials included. Edit the necessary information and click Save when complete. When successfully saved, you’ll be taken back to the POS Settings page.
On the POS Settings page, you can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
To learn more, please review this article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Integration Guide Disclaimer
For further assistance or questions, please reach out to MjFreeway Support (email@example.com) or call them at 888.932.6537 ext. 1. You can use our Request Form to contact the Leafly Support Team.
Please also visit our Knowledge Base for helpful hints and tips.