This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with Flowhub POS. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Obtain your API credentials from Flowhub
- Enter your Flowhub API credentials into Leafly Biz
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Menu attributes that will sync to Leafly’s front-end →
- Item Name
- Category Type (if you’d like further mapping, see FAQs for more details)
- Image (image is required to be in Flowhub in order to sync)
- Strain (inferred from product name, see FAQs for more details)
- Compounds (please see FAQs for further details)
- Inventory Level
- Price (if menu has med and rec pricing, the default will be rec pricing, see FAQs for more details)
- Variants (custom weights not supported, see FAQs for more details)
Menu attributes that will not sync to Leafly’s front-end →
- Enable / Disable Pickup on Items (this can be manually updated on Leafly Biz with Menu)
Supporting → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Tropical, Other.
Potency Data (THC & CBD)
FAQs (please review prior to menu sync)
What is the SLA for receiving the Flowhub credentials after sending the request?
- Once requested, Flowhub will send you the consent form to sign (via DocuSign) within 2 business days. Once you sign the form, the required credentials will be shared within 1 business day.
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Why are some products that should appear in a specific category falling into the “Other” category?
- There are some restrictions around category types (ex: within Flowhub, you can select Concentrates for both Concentrates and Cartridges). Leafly can only map to one Leafly category. We currently support Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other. If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default.
- You can remap categories in Leafly Biz. You can find the instructions to remap under Leafly Configuration > Category Mapping in this article.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- With this integration, when you are synced, you can:
- manually select staff picks
- override status of items received from the POS
- set inventory thresholds at a global and category level
- override your POS menu items with your own product photography, descriptions, potency values and more
- If you disconnect and choose to retain data from your last POS sync, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will remain unless a POS is reconnected and resynced to Leafly.
- If you disconnect and choose to restore pre-POS connected menu data, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will not remain and will be deleted.
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Currently sales tax is not included in the pricing for products. Clients can update the pricing in their POS or use the Deals module to notify clients.
When I make a change within Flowhub, when will this sync to the Leafly menu?
- Changes made in Flowhub will automatically sync to Leafly’s menu. Please allow up to 15 minutes for the change to appear.
Are custom weights supported on Leafly menus?
- Yes, custom weights are supported on Leafly - e.g. 1/16th - and will display as they have been entered within Flowhub.
Why is Strain Name not coming over?
- Flowhub currently does not expose Strain to Leafly as its own field. Leafly has implemented a mapping tool to pull the Strain Name from the Product Name if it is recognized. Based on this process, this will not be 100% accurate.
My menu has med and rec pricing - why is only rec pricing appearing?
- Leafly currently does not support dual recreational and medical menu display and pricing in a single storefront. By default, we show rec pricing when available. Dispensaries should add a note in the Deals module to communicate this to the customer.
- If you are a med-only menu, only Accessories will appear on the menu. To resolve this, please contact Leafly Support using our Request Form requesting to enable all medical and unrestricted items.
Is there a way to set a minimum threshold amount for products?
- Yes, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1 (one). You can find instructions for this setup under Leafly Configuration, Inventory Availability Rules in this article.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
- Send an email to Flowhub at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone (844-356-9482) to request your API credentials. You will be requesting the following identifiers:
- API Key
- Client ID
- Location ID
- Flowhub will send you a consent form to sign.
- Once signed and sent back, Flowhub will share the required credentials to be added into Leafly Biz.
Note: If you have multiple locations, please list each one separately.
- Open your web browser and sign into Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com/Admin
- Once on your dashboard, click on the 'Menu' tab (a new window will open)
- Navigate to your Menu Settings on the Menu page by clicking on the navigation bar in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on Settings in the drop-down to navigate to your Menu Settings.
On the POS Settings tab, select connect my POS to begin the integration sync process.
- Select Flowhub from the drop-down
- Select 'continue to next step' to proceed to the next screen.
- Enter your Flowhub API credentials in the appropriate fields.
- You’ll need to enter a valid API key, Client ID and Location ID to successfully connect.
- Once you’ve entered your credentials, click 'test connection' to confirm entered correctly.
- Once you’ve successfully tested your credentials, click 'continue to next step'.
- Click 'acknowledge and accept' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
- You will be taken back to the POS Settings page with a success message in the upper right corner and POS Status of Connected. Your POS menu data will now begin to pass to Leafly.
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your FlowHub menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz. These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data. This section will walk you through the configuration available in Leafly Biz today.
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Inventory Availability Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1 (one).
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other. If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. Remap categories as desired on the POS Settings tab once your FlowHub menu is successfully synced to Leafly.
Room Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can exclude inventory that resides within a POS “ROOM” that you do not wish to be shown on your online menu.
Edit your POS Credentials
Complete the following steps to edit your POS credentials:
- On the POS Settings page, select the navigation bar under the Status section. This will expose the drop-down navigation menu.
- Select 'Edit POS Credentials' in the drop-down navigation menu.
- An overlay window will appear with your existing API credentials included. Edit the necessary information and click Save when complete. When successfully saved, you’ll be taken back to the POS Settings page.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Please also visit our Knowledge Base for helpful hints and tips.