For FlowHub Maui, visit here: Flowhub Maui FAQs
Menu Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with Flowhub POS. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the Flowhub FAQs
- Request your API Credentials from FlowHub
- Enter your Flowhub API credentials into Leafly Biz
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Integration Guide Disclaimer
For more information on the functionality of FlowHub, please visit FlowHub Help Center
You can also contact Flowhub Support at email@example.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with the Leafly Support Team.
Flowhub recently released an updated version called Maui. This version is compatible with Leafly, and if you migrate to this version, please take a look at our integration steps and FAQ here: Flowhub Maui FAQs
1. Obtaining/requesting your Flowhub Credentials
To obtain your FlowHub API keys, complete this form which will generate a task for FlowHub to generate and distribute your location API keys.
Please note that no one other than the location can request the credentials.
Leafly Setup - Completing your Sync
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
- Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup
To get started, click on the Connect my POS option once on the Integration Settings page:
From the drop-down selection, choose the option: Flowhub.
****If you are using FlowHub Maui, please visit: Flowhub Maui FAQs
Select 'continue to next step' to proceed to the next screen:
Enter your Flowhub Credentials and click 'test connection' to confirm that the API credentials are valid. You’ll need to enter a valid API key, Client ID and Location ID to successfully connect.
Once you’ve successfully tested your credentials, click 'continue to next step'.
Click 'acknowledge and accept' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page with a success message in the upper right corner and POS Status of Connected. Your POS menu data will now begin to pass to Leafly.
At all times, you can preview your connection status from your Integrations Page, along with the number of items and last sync period:
Integration Configuration and Settings
Once you have successfully synced your Flowhub menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
With FlowHub, you have the following configuration settings in Leafly:
- Default Item Status
- Category Mapping
- Inventory Availability Rules
- Inventory Exclusion Rules
- Room Exclusion Rules
- Cannabinoid Calculation
- Disconnecting your POS
Default Item Status
Automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status must be manually set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active”: these items will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive”: these items will be hidden from all online menus. They will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, and Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. You can remap your POS Category to the Leafly category.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
You can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Note: If your POS has the ability for thresholds, those settings will override Leafly.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
Related article: How do I exclude items from syncing over to my Leafly menu from my point of sale?
You can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus by product keyword or category.
Related article: Including/excluding inventory rooms on Leafly
You can exclude inventory that resides within a POS “ROOM” that you do not wish to be shown on your online menu.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
You can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu on the POS Settings page. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
What is the SLA for receiving the Flowhub credentials after sending the request?
- Once requested, Flowhub will send you the consent form to sign (via DocuSign) within 2 business days. Once you sign the form, the required credentials will be shared within 1 business day.
How often does Flowhub sync with Leafly?
- Leafly pulls updates from Flowhub every 6-10 minutes. However, any changes can take up to 15 minutes to reflect on your menu.
- You can force a sync within your Leafly Integrations Settings page and clicking the resync now button.
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state.
- To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Why are only Accessories showing?
- Leafly Support will need to enable an extra setting to enable items other than Accessories showing. Please reach out to email@example.com after setting up your menu sync.
Why is Strain Name not coming over?
- Flowhub currently does not expose Strain to Leafly as its own field.
- Leafly has implemented a mapping tool to pull the Strain Name from the Product Name if recognized. Based on this process, this will not be 100% accurate.
What fields do you pull data from in Flowhub?
- You can preview our field mapping below:
Supporting → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Tropical, Other.
Potency Data (THC & CBD)
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- You can manually update any field except for pricing and your product sizes (variants).
- To learn how to manually edit POS data, please check out this Help Desk article: What data can I manually edit on Leafly if I am syncing with a point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Currently, sales tax is not displayed in the Leafly menu.
- Clients can use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
Are Dual Menus supported for the Flowhub POS?
- Yes - items need to be assigned the correct medical or recreational tag.
- For more information on Dual menus, please read: Learn More - Dual Menus
Flowhub Maui FAQs
How do I get credentials for FlowHub Maui?
- Current FlowHub clients can migrate or request these credentials directly from FlowHub. To do so, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FlowHub will give these credentials to you directly.
How do I integrate or migrate my FlowHub to the new FlowHub Maui?
- You will first want to disconnect from your current Flowhub version on Leafly. To do so, follow the steps outlined here: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
- After disconnecting, follow these steps: