This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with Cova POS. You will complete the following high level steps (in order) →
- Obtain your API credentials from Cova
- Enter your Cova API credentials into Leafly Biz
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Please note, Cova will be sharing the following credentials. Each will be a field
on Leafly’s back end to paste the data:
- Store ID
- Client ID
- Company ID
- Client Secret Key
Menu Attributes that will sync to Leafly’s front-end →
- Item Name
- Category Type (Accessory | Seeds | Clone | Flower | Edible | PreRoll | Concentrate | Cartridge | Topical | Other)
- Brand (Custom field to be added in order to support, please review slide 7 - 8 for set up details. This is not required)
- Compounds (does not support ranges, please review FAQ for additional information)
- Inventory Level
FAQs (please review prior to enabling Ordering)
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
What is the SLA on receiving the Cova credentials once requested?
- You should receive the Cova credentials in no more than 48 hours (not including weekends).
I attempted to connect / activate my sync, but it still says ‘Unable to Connect’. What are the next steps?
Please confirm that you have entered all the proper data within each field (including the NEW password that includes one special character). If you have updated your password and confirm the data is correct, please contact Leafly support using our Request Form and including all of the Cova credentials and your updated password. Once shared, our Leafly rep will attempt to sync.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- With this integration, when you are synced, you can:
- manually select staff picks
- enable/disable items availability for Leafly Pickup
- set inventory thresholds at a global and category level
- override your POS menu items with your own product photography, descriptions, potency values and more
- If you disconnect and choose to retain data from your last POS sync, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will remain unless a POS is reconnected and resynced to Leafly.
- If you disconnect and choose to restore pre-POS connected menu data, any overrides made in Leafly Biz will not remain and will be deleted.
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Currently, sales tax is not included in the pricing for products. Clients can update the pricing in their POS or use the Deals module to notify clients.
Why are some products that should appear in a specific category falling into the “Other” category?
- We currently support Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other. If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. You can remap categories in Leafly Biz. You can find the instructions to remap under Leafly Configuration > Category Mapping in this article.
Why is my compound data (THC + CBD) coming over as % instead of mg (or vice versa).
- The Compound data is a specific and custom field. If the product(s) are %, please ensure your Cova field is “THC %” and “CBD %”. If the product(s) are mg, please ensure your Cova field is “THC Content” and “CBD Content”.
We have entered min / max ranges for our products, how come these aren’t being represented on the menu?
- Currently, we do not support min / max ranges. If you enter a min / max range, we will pull the first number (in this case, the min). If you’d still like to connect the sync, you can add a message on your “Deals” module to notify your customers and/or add the details in the item’s description.
Can I set up the sync if I do not have data in Cova yet?
- You will not be able to set up the sync on the Leafly side until you have available data within Cova. If you do not have inventory at that location, please add it and then you will be able to activate the sync.
Is there a way to set a minimum threshold amount for products?
- Yes, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1 (one). You can find instructions for this setup under Leafly Configuration > Inventory Availability Rules in this article.
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. You can find the instructions to disconnect under Leafly Configuration > Disconnect your POS in this article
If you’d like to include Brand data, the Brand field will need to be added and live under the Specifications tab (Details section) in your Cova Catalog. In order to create the new field, you will need to follow these steps →
- Log into Cova Hub
- Go to Catalog
- Go to Classifications
- Go to the Fields section
- Click “New Field” and add the Brand field (single lined text)
- Once added, go back to the Templates page
- Go to the proper category (ex: Flower)
- Search and add Brand
Note: It will take a few minutes for the Brand field to appear once on the Templates page.
In order for Compounds (THC/CBD) to show up as % on Cova-integrated Leafly menus, the field within Cova must-read `THC %` (same with CBD). The Field Type must be Number.
In order for Compounds (THC/CBD) to show up as mg on Cova-integrated Leafly menus, the field within Cova much read `THC Content` (same with CBD). The Field Type must be Single-line text.
Please note: If this was not originally set, a new field will need to be created within Cova.
The Field Type and Field String ID are hard-coded in Cova. If this is not set up initially, a new field will need to be created. To do this, follow these steps →
- Log into HUB
- Navigate to Catalog → Classification
- Select Fields (there may be a brief delay)
- Select New Field
- Type THC % or THC Content into the Field Name field
- Select Number or Single-line text from the Field Type dropdown
- Enter % or mg in the Units field
- Select Create
- Add the new field(s) to the correct templates
- Create a new Field Group and name it as you like (do not add to the Details group)
Email Cova (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request your API credentials. You will be requesting the following identifiers:
- Store ID
- Client ID
- Company ID
- Client Secret Key
Cova will provide your credentials with a temporary password. You will need to change this temporary password to a permanent password of your choosing. You can change your temporary password at https://hub.covasoft.net/.Change your temporary password to your final password before entering your Cova credentials into Leafly Biz. Once you’ve changed your temporary password, please wait 5-10 minutes prior to entering your Cova credentials into Leafly Biz and activating your menu sync.
Any time your password is changed in Cova, you will need to update it in Leafly Biz. The password is used at all storefront locations. Changing it for one storefront will require you to change it across all in your management group.
- Open your web browser and sign into Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com/Admin
- Once on your dashboard, click on the 'Menu' tab (a new window will open)
- Navigate to your Menu Settings on the Menu page by clicking on the navigation bar in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on Settings in the drop-down to navigate to your Menu Settings.
On the POS Settings tab, select connect my POS to begin the integration sync process.
- Select Cova from the drop-down
- Select 'continue to next step' to proceed to the next screen
- Enter your Cova API credentials in the appropriate fields.
- You’ll need to enter a valid Store ID, Client ID, Password, Username, Company ID and Client Secret to successfully connect.
- Once you’ve entered your credentials, click test connection to confirm entered correctly.
- Once you’ve successfully tested your credentials, click continue to next step.
- Click 'acknowledge and connect' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page with a success message in the upper right corner and POS Status of Connected. Your POS menu data will now begin to pass to Leafly.
Leafly Configuration (post-POS sync)
Once you have successfully synced your Cova menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz. These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and then reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data. This section will walk you through the configuration available in Leafly Biz today.
Default Item Status
On the POS Settings page, automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status will need to manually be set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active” will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive” will be hidden from all online menus and will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Inventory Availability Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1 (one).
Inventory Exclusion Rules
On the POS Settings page, you can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus. You can set exclusions by keywords and categories.
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, Other. If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. Remap categories as desired on the POS Settings tab once your Cova menu is successfully synced to Leafly.
Edit your POS Credentials
Complete the following steps to edit your POS credentials:
- On the POS Settings page, select the navigation bar under the Status section. This will expose the drop-down navigation menu.
- Select 'Edit POS Credentials' in the drop-down navigation menu.
- An overlay window will appear with your existing API credentials included. Edit the necessary information and click Save when complete. When successfully saved, you’ll be taken back to the POS Settings page.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Integration Guide Disclaimer
Please also visit our Knowledge Base for helpful hints and tips.