Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with Cova. You will complete the following high-level steps (in order) →
- Review the Cova FAQs
- Obtain your API credentials from Cova
- Enter your Cova API credentials into Leafly Biz
- Setting up your Brand and Cannabinoid Data in Cova
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Integration Guide Disclaimer
For more information on the functionality of Cova, please visit: Cova Support Center
Please contact Cova Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email email@example.com to connect with our Support Team for further assistance or questions.
To learn about the Cova Ordering Integration, please see: Cova Order Integration Guide
1. Obtaining/requesting your Cova Credentials
Email Cova (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request your API credentials. You will be requesting the following identifiers:
- Store ID
- Client ID
- Company ID
- Client Secret Key
Note: Any time your password is changed in Cova, you need to update it your Leafly Integration Settings.
Leafly Setup - Completing your Sync
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
- Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup - Getting Started
To get started, click on the Connect my POS option once on the Integration Settings page:
From the drop-down selection, choose the option: Cova. Select 'continue to next step' to proceed to the next screen:
Enter your Cova Credentials and click 'test connection' to confirm that the API credentials are valid. You’ll need to enter a valid Store ID, Client ID, Password, Username, Company ID, and Client Secret to successfully connect.
Once you’ve successfully tested your credentials, click 'continue to next step'.
Click 'acknowledge and accept' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page with a success message in the upper right corner and POS Status of Connected. Your POS menu data will now begin to pass to Leafly.
At all times, you can preview your connection status from your Integrations Page, along with the number of items and last sync period:
Brand and Cannabinoid Data in Cova
1. Setting up your Brand Data in Cova
If you’d like to include Brand data, the Brand field will need to be added and live under the Specifications tab (Details section) in your Cova Catalog. In order to create the new field, you will need to follow these steps:
Note: It will take a few minutes for the Brand field to appear once on the Templates page.
- Log into Cova Hub
- Go to Catalog
- Go to Classifications
- Go to the Fields section
- Click “New Field” and add the Brand field (single lined text)
- Once added, go back to the Templates page
- Go to the proper category (ex: Flower)
- Search and add Brand
2. Setting up your Cannabinoid Data in Cova
The Cova Team has instructed those to use the directions outlined on their Help Desk Center here: THC/CBD Set-Up
Integration Configuration and Settings
Once you have successfully synced your Cova menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
With Cova, you have the following options:
- Default Item Status
- Category Mapping
- Inventory Availability Rules
- Inventory Exclusion Rules
- Cannabinoid Calculation
- Disconnecting your POS
Default Item Status
Automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status must be manually set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active”: these items will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive”: these items will be hidden from all online menus. They will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, and Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. You can remap your POS Category to the Leafly category.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
You can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Note: If your POS has the ability for thresholds, those settings will override Leafly.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
Related article: How do I exclude items from syncing over to my Leafly menu from my point of sale?
You can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus by product keyword or category.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
You can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu on the POS Settings page. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Cova Menu FAQs
What is the SLA on receiving the Cova credentials once requested?
- You should receive the Cova credentials within 48 hours (not including weekends).
- You can also find more information on this integration by checking this page out: Cova Support Center
I attempted to connect / activate my sync, but it still says ‘Unable to Connect’. What are the next steps?
Please confirm that you have entered all the proper data within each field from the credential package email provided by Cova. If you are still having any issues, please reach out to email@example.com
Can I set up the sync if I do not have data in Cova yet?
- You will not be able to set up the sync on the Leafly side until you have available data within Cova. If you do not have inventory at that location, please add it and then you will be able to activate the sync.
How often does Cova sync with Leafly?
- Leafly pulls updates from Cova every 6-10 minutes. However, any changes can take up to 15 minutes to reflect on your menu.
- You can force a sync within your Leafly Integrations Settings page and clicking the resync now button.
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of your maintained menu before connecting. If you encounter any issues with the data, you can quickly revert by disconnecting.
- To learn how to disconnect, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Why is my compound data (THC + CBD) coming over as % instead of mg (or vice versa).
- Compound data is a specific and custom field.
- If the product(s) are %, please ensure your Cova field is THC %” and “CBD %. If the product(s) are mg, please ensure your Cova field is THC Content and CBD Content.
- For more information, please review this Cova article: THC Setup for Cova Integrations
We have entered min / max ranges for our products, how come these aren’t being represented on the menu?
- Currently, we do not support min / max ranges.
- If you enter a min / max range, we will pull the first number (in this case, the min).
What fields do you pull data from in Cova?
- You can preview our field mapping below:
Classification/Category within the POS
Categories can be remapped on Leafly. Follow these steps: Category Mapping
Fields need to be set up within Cova. Please see: Setting up your Brand and Cannabinoid Data in Cova
Compound Data (THC + CBD)
Ranges are not supported (min/max). If you enter in a range, Leafly will pull the first number (min).
Fields need to be set up in Cova. Please see: Cannabinoid Setup Guide (Cova)
Short and Long Description
For description we are joining the short and long descriptions together with some line breaks.
Leafly does not pull in deal/sale pricing.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- You will be able to manually update any field except for pricing and your product sizes (variants).
- To learn how to edit POS data manually, please check out this Help Desk article: What data can I manually edit on Leafly if I am syncing with a point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- US clients who are order enabled can use the tax settings feature in the Biz Settings under Payment & Taxes to display tax estimates using tax rates set in your POS system. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: POS Informed Tax Calculations At Checkout
- Canadian clients who are order enabled can use the tax settings feature in the Biz Settings under Payment & Taxes to display tax estimates using a Canada-specific tax table. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Enabling Tax - Canadian Retail Partners Only
- Clients can also use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes to apply in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
Can I deactivate the menu sync?
- Yes, you can disconnect your POS in Leafly Biz. To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Are Dual Menus supported for the Cova POS?
- Yes - confirm the items inside your POS have the correct Medical or Recreational tags assigned to them.
- For more information on Dual menus, please read: Learn More - Dual Menu