Menu Integration Process Overview
This article will walk you through the necessary steps to successfully activate your Menu integration with Leaf Logix POS. You will complete the following high level steps (in order) →
- Review the Leaf Logix Menu FAQs
- Request your 2-way API Key from Leaf Logix
- Enter your Leaf Logix API credentials into Leafly Biz
- Activate and configure your menu sync in Leafly Biz
Integration Guide Disclaimer
For more information on the functionality of Leaf Logix, please visit Dutchie - Leaf Logix POS.
Leaf Logix Setup
1. Obtaining/requesting your Leaf Logix Credentials
To get your credentials, please email email@example.com and request the following:
- Setup for Leafly 2-way integration**
- API Key
**Leaf Logix <> Leafly Order Integration
Please note, if you plan on implementing the Leaf Logix <> Leafly Order Integration, you will need to request that Leaf Logix activate the "Notify Customer" button for your store. It is easiest to do this at the same time you are requesting your two-way API key.
The “Notify” button changes the order status in Leaf Logix to `fulfilled` which notifies Leafly of the status change for customer notification that the order is either ready for pickup or en route of delivery. This is a per-store requirement for the Order workflow.
You can read more about the Ordering Integration with Leaf Logix here: Leaf Logix Ordering Integration
2. Setting up the E-Commerce Room
You will need to ensure your rooms are listed correctly within Leaf Logix. Access the Room settings with your Leaf Logix POS and make sure the following have been completed:
- Is E-Commerce Room? field selected as yes
- Room Accessible by Menus field has Leafly selected
Leafly Setup - Completing your Sync
1. Accessing the Integration Settings
- Open your web browser and sign in to Leafly Biz → https://business.leafly.com
- Navigate to the left side panel, and click on the 'Settings' arrow
- A drop-down will appear. Select the 'Integrations' option.
2. Integration Setup - Getting Started
To get started, click on the Connect my POS option once on the Integration Settings page:
From the drop-down selection, choose the option: Leaf Logix Menu. Select 'continue to next step' to proceed to the next screen:
Enter your Leaf Logix API Key and click 'test connection' to confirm that the API credentials are valid.
Once you’ve successfully tested your credentials, click 'continue to next step'.
Click 'acknowledge and accept' to accept the Data Override Warning and complete the sync process on Leafly Biz.
You will be taken back to the POS Settings page with a success message in the upper right corner and POS Status of Connected. Your POS menu data will now begin to pass to Leafly.
At all times, you can preview your connection status from your Integrations Page, along with the number of items and last sync period:
Integration Configuration and Settings
Once you have successfully synced your Leaf Logix menu with Leafly, you can configure the integration and override menu data in Leafly Biz.
These changes will persist in your Leafly menu unless you disconnect and reconnect your POS and resync your POS menu data.
Locate your Menu Manager Settings by checking out this Help Desk article: Where do I locate my menu manager settings and options?
With Leaf Logix, you have the following configuration settings in Leafly:
- Default Item Status
- Category Mapping
- Inventory Availability Rules
- Inventory Exclusion Rules
- Room Exclusion Rules
- Cannabinoid Calculation
- Disconnecting your POS
Default Item Status
Automatically set new and restocked items to either active or inactive by default. Items automatically set to an inactive status must be manually set to active before being visible on online menus.
- Items set to “Active”: these items will show up on all online menus and be set to “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
- Items set to “Inactive”: these items will be hidden from all online menus. They will no longer be “Available for Pick-Up/Delivery” if your store participates in any of Leafly’s order ahead programs.
Related article: Mapping your categories on Leafly
We currently support the following categories → Accessory, Seeds, Clone, Flower, Edible, PreRoll, Concentrate, Cartridge, Topical, and Other.
If your POS assigned category does not align with a predefined Leafly category, it will be assigned a category of Other by default. You can remap your POS Category to the Leafly category.
Inventory Availability Rules
Related article: Setting inventory thresholds
You can set inventory thresholds at both the Global and Category levels. If a threshold is defined, items with inventory counts under the thresholds set will be automatically hidden from your online menus. By default, the threshold is set to 1.
Note: If your POS has the ability for thresholds, those settings will override Leafly.
Inventory Exclusion Rules
You can permanently exclude inventory from appearing on your online menus by product keyword or category.
Related article: Including/excluding inventory rooms on Leafly
You can exclude inventory that resides within a POS “ROOM” that you do not wish to be shown on your online menu.
Related article: Customizing your cannabinoid values on your Leafly menu
You can select which calculation method is applied by default to the THC and CBD values coming from your POS menu on the POS Settings page. More information on the available calculation methods can be found here.
Disconnecting your POS
To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
Leaf Logix FAQs
What is the SLA on receiving the Leaf Logix credentials once requested?
- You should receive the Leaf Logix credentials within 48 hours (not including weekends).
How often does Leaf Logix sync with Leafly?
- Leafly pulls updates from Leaf Logix every 6-10 minutes. However, any changes can take up to 15 minutes to reflect on your menu.
- You can force a sync within your Leafly Integrations Settings page and clicking the resync now button.
If I have an existing menu in Leafly, do I need to save it prior to syncing my POS menu?
- No. Leafly will automatically save a copy of the menu that you maintained before connecting your POS system. If you encounter any issues with the data that is pulled in from your POS, you can quickly revert back by selecting “Disconnect and restore pre-POS connected menu data” when disconnecting the POS and reverting the menu back to its original state.
- To learn how to disconnect your point of sale, we advise following the instructions in this article: How do I disconnect my point of sale?
What fields do you pull data from in Leaf Logix?
- Product Name: Leafly will pull data from the online title field, but if there is no value present - we will fall back to the product name on the menu item
- Compounds (THC/CBD): Leafly will pull data from the lab results, but if there is no value present - we will fallback to the fields on the product details
- Description: Leafly will pull data from the online description field, but if there is no value present - we will fall back to the description on the menu item.
Can I manually update fields on Leafly Biz that are missing?
- You can manually update any field except for pricing and your product sizes (variants).
- To learn how to manually edit POS data, please check out this Help Desk article: What data can I manually edit on Leafly if I am syncing with a point of sale?
Do products on the menu have sales tax associated?
- Currently, sales tax is not displayed in the Leafly menu.
- Clients can use our tax feature in the Menu Manager Settings Biz to set sales and excise taxes in checkout. To learn more about setting these options, please check out this Help Desk article: Setting up Tax Estimates for your Leafly Menu
Are Dual Menus supported for the Leaf Logix POS?
- Yes - items need to be assigned to specific inventory rooms.
- For more information on Dual menus, please read: Learn More - Dual Menus